• yes
  • no

0 voters

no,
reasons from my oppinion.

1. they dont want global issues
  2. they said that for a long time and hadnt attacked
    3.taiwan has a good economy, thats why they want taiwan
  3. u.s. carrier is close to the taiwan strait.

please send your oppinions

I voted ‘no’ but I’m not really sure we get to decide that :slight_smile:

If you would add “maybe tomorrow after lunch” as an option, I’d be able to vote in your poll.

Wow, I’ve never seen this topic discussed before!

Only if Mayor Ma is not president by 2008. Vote for Mayor Ma, vote for peace.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Only if Mayor Ma is not president by 2008. Vote for Mayor Ma, vote for peace.[/quote]There is a reason that Communist China loves Ma so much. He is for Unification, so it would not be a good idea to elect China Nationalist Party member Ma. I am sure that if Jiang Zemin ran for Taiwan President, that would make China happy too.

If China invaded it would finally give the USA their opportunity for a regime change and the liberation of the China from Communist dictatorship! I think the CCP likes being in power as it allows them to take lots of red envelopes, no need to ruin a good thing by pissing off the US of A.

Vote for Ma. Love Taiwan and Vote for Peace.

Has the USA succeed in a regime change recently. I haven’t noticed.

Vote for Peace. Amen.

well, ma ing jou, is a good mayor, but, he might not get the chance to be prez, because, most people want taiwan to be independant, and not reunite with china because, some parts of china is really bad, so why does taiwan want to reunite with china?

china might corrupt like russia, unless they becaome a democratic nation in the next few decades.

in a communist nation, the people gets depress, therefore, they wont work, so they gov cant get taxes, most mainlanders become illegall imagrents when the come to taiwan, why?

because they want freedom like taiwan…

if both nations become allies, there will be no problem with the two nations, so if taiwan is independant and a good ally with china, everyone will be happy

Will China attack Taiwan?

Is the Pope Catholic?

If they do, Look for me carrying the “end of the world” sign

What do you mean by this? That China might become a corrupt nation like Russia? Baby, it’s already there, or probably even worse.

Or do you mean China might break up like the Soviet Union did? I think this is possible, and would be better for great swathes of the western part of China.

[quote=“bababa”]
Or do you mean China might break up like the Soviet Union did? I think this is possible, and would be better for great swathes of the western part of China.[/quote]

Or for Western Imperialists who’s vision is to have a WalMart for every 1 million

[quote=“NDAKOTA”]in a communist nation, the people gets depress, therefore, they wont work, so they gov cant get taxes, most mainlanders become illegall imagrents when the come to Taiwan, why?
[/quote]

I have no clue what you are talking about. In a recent trip to Taiwan’s southern half, I had the pleasure of meeting a mainlander working as a sales lady in a department store. Boy could this girl sell, talked a mile a minute, the ladies I accompanied on this shopping trip were soon parted of their money and got God-knows-what-beauty-creme of the day.

However, what I did notice all around Taiwan were help wanted signs all over the place. Night market vendor, restuarants, KTV, 7-11, etc all had these help wanted signs. Full time, part time positions. Which made me scratch my head a little. If young ROC citizens don’t want these low skill, low paying jobs; and foriegn workers can and will do these jobs.

I don’t see the problem.

I’d warrant, judging by… certain comments in the thread that you’re not the only one.

There have been many threads discussing this before. Please search before starting new topics. The usual topics have all come up already,

Here’s the most recent discussion of the topic.

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 689#223689](How immediate is the threat on Taiwan from China?

I’ve added a poll, and am locking this one.

Brian