Will executor is dangerous to work with

my sister passed away in taiwan two weeks ago. I live in USA. she left some money for my 2nd sister , brother and me. Mr. Wen said he is will executor. he want me to write him a letter with thumb print to give up my 1/3 inheritance , otherwise my sister will not be buried. I was shocked. I ask him for copy of the will , his name and address. the estate financial statement. he refuse to reply. Mr. cheng, another stranger email me , claim Mr. wen ask him to email me with more unreasonable demands. I am afraid how dangerous these people are? what do I need to do to get thru the inheritance process? If I stop talking to him, will my siblings lost their inheritance?

two days ago, my sister is properly buried. after that I told Mr. Wen clearly, I will not give up the inheritance. now, I find out mr. wen may not personally the will executor. some financial company is, he is the vice president.

This is a difficult question to answer for a layperson. The person or people may be anything from very dangerous indeed (not to say that means you must listen to them) to simple bullies. I recommend not doing anything until you contact a lawyer and learn more about your rights and obligations here.

1 Like

no money to threw away

There may be a “community legal clinic” or something similar in your area where you can get free legal advice, though the people working there might not know much about Taiwanese law.

In Taiwan, you can contact the Legal Aid Foundation.

https://www.laf.org.tw

I’m not sure if they can help you while you’re overseas, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

1 Like