Will Forumosa get sued because of Mother Teresa?

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … _copyright

[quote=“AFP”]CALCUTTA (AFP) - Nuns at Mother Teresa’s order said they were seeking copyright on her name and the logo of their order to prevent individuals or organisations using them without permission.

Sister M. Nirmala, Superior General of the Missionaries of Charity, told AFP on Wednesday in the eastern city of Calcutta that the move to seek legal protection was in keeping with the wishes of Mother Teresa, who died in 1997.

“In her lifetime, Mother Teresa expressed on a number of occasions her wish that her name not be used by any other individual or organisation without her permission, or after her death, the permission of her successor, the Superior General of the Missionaries of Charity,” she said.

“Respecting her wish, we have made the same request many times since her death in 1997 and shall continue to do so,” she added.

"We are seeking legal protection for the use of our logo, and also want such protection for the name of the Mother Teresa and that of the Missionaries of Charity." 

The logo was designed by Mother Teresa.

Sister Nirmala said many organisations had already responded to their request to stop using Mother Teresa’s name.[/quote]

Ok, ok, henceforth I shall be Mother P. Theresa, V in order to distinguish myself from that other lady. :blush:

Oh well, I tried to change my name in the profile area but it wouldn’t let me. How’s she gonna sue anyway, she’s dead? Besides, kindof snooty of those nuns anyway, wouldn’t you say? I never heard of anyone threatening to sue Madonna over use of the Virgin Mary’s name.

Hey, man, ask anyone who’s been to Catholic school – those nuns are brutal. Watch “The Blues Brothers” for a quick overview. Don’t piss off the penguins!

Do they turn into penguinistas? :laughing:

[quote]Oh well, I tried to change my name in the profile area but it wouldn’t let me. How’s she gonna sue anyway, she’s dead? Besides, kindof snooty of those nuns anyway, wouldn’t you say? I never heard of anyone threatening to sue Madonna over use of the Virgin Mary’s name.
[/quote]
It’s a respect thing. An old woman who had nothing but her name because she spent her whole life helping people nobody else would.
You probably don’t have enough guanxi. If anyone can tell me how, I will transfer what I have to you. Let’s pass around the hat for both Mother Teresa and Mother P. Teresa. What’s the P stand for?

[color=violet]
“Pinko”
[/color]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sometimes I just can’t help myself.

The P stands for pissant because I’m only wretched mortal striving for nirvana. But when I first read the title of this thread I thought I was going to be sued by our infamous wacky poster formosa. :?

So I just gave him 100 guanxi in the hopes of appeasing him. :smiley:

Mother Theresa:

You weren’t trying to make fun of me just now were you. I mean it may be just a coincidence but I noticed that if you changed your name from Mother Theresa to Mother P. Theresa, V. that it would be somewhat similar to my name which is frederick (middle initial p.) smith (the fifth V.).

Though I would prefer not to have my middle initial stand for pinko. Can someone suggest something else…

Puerile?

MT, your choice of member name always bugged me. If you really want to change your name, PM me and I’ll do it for you

Nothing personal, Gus, but if I accepted advice from a Village Idiot what would that make me? :wink:

Laoban, if I make you a Village Idiot, too, will that encourage you? :wink:

How on earth did Gus end up as a Village idiot?

Some one is stepping on the wrong toes.

How did a guy with 9 posts end up as Forumosa’s Finest?

Mother P. Teresa?

[quote=“Boss Hogg”]How on earth did Gus end up as a Village idiot?

Some one is stepping on the wrong toes.[/quote]
I was having fun with that the other night, too. Looks like Gus finally got around to resetting all the post ratings and doing a new “ranks system” for posters. So all I had to do, for anyone who had a post-count based title, was rate one of their posts to turn them into a “village idiot”, “laoban”, or “forumosa’s finest”. No problem.

The new ranks are based on how well your posts have been rated. But the ratings were reset, so just one or two ratings now determine what rank you get.

Personally, I don’t see why there are two separate systems – the “titles” based on number of posts you’ve made, which gets overwritten by the “ranks” based on average ratings of your posts once some of your posts get rated. . . . It’s like, why bother?

Within the space of a week, I’ve been a “gravel truck driver”, a “laoban”, a “village idiot”, and now a “chicken feet connosieur”. It gets confusing. :shock:

Personally, I wish he’d stick to the post-count-based titles. They’re cute, at least. Maybe tack on a “Forumosa’s Finest” if the person got a whole bunch of positive feedback, but otherwise. . . .

Time to post again to see what my rating is at the moment