Will fraternity / sorority works in Taiwan?

How come they don’t have fraternity and/or sorority in Taiwan, only clubs and associations?? Will it work in Taiwan? Does it have to do with the differences between American and Taiwan cultures??

Thanks!

Ps, maybe the Americans like to be torture?? :wink:

Yes, they would work. But they would be much different. In fact they would probably be alot closer to what the founding fathers and mothers (?) intended.

For the record: I was in a fraternity in the US for 4 years and I was never tortured and I never tortured anyone. I believe the correct word is “hazing.” Furthermore, I don’t believe that “hazing” is particularly enjoyable for anyone. If you would like to know why people haze, I can explain it to you, but my chapter did not condone it and neither do I.

PS. I’m positive there are secret societies in Taiwan, but they are usually called “gangs.” Anyone heard of any secret academic or political organizations with rituals? Maybe religious?

In the U.S., fraternities = Young Men’s Drinking Associations (YMDA).

Sororities = Young Women’s Husband-Hunting Associations (YWHHA).

[quote=“mod lang”]In the U.S., fraternities = Young Men’s Drinking Associations (YMDA).

Sororities = Young Women’s Husband-Hunting Associations (YWHHA).[/quote]

While this may be true in some chapters, it certainly isn’t a hard fast rule, thank you very much.

Haven’t you ever seen a frat boy smoking pot, or a lesbian sorority girl?? :unamused:

[quote=“mod lang”]In the U.S., fraternities = Young Men’s Drinking Associations (YMDA).

Sororities = Young Women’s Husband-Hunting Associations (YWHHA).[/quote]

if these are true, why am I still single?? May I’ve joined the wrong fraternity?? Wait, but mine was co-ed, even BETTER!!! :smiling_imp: