Will President Obama Pick Hillary Clinton as His VP Running Mate?

They don’t hate Obama because of his policies, most of which are Republicanesque. They hate him because he’s a Democrat. They would fall head over heels in love with him if he had an ® after his name but did everything else exactly the same.

I have no idea what’s going to happen in the election. But, I don’t think it matters that Dems like Obama more than Republicans like Romney. The Republicans hate Obama. That’s motivation enough for them to vote.[/quote]

I completely disagree. The Dems hated Bush when he was up for reelection and Kerry was a poor candidate. The Republicans HATED Bill Clinton and he won in a landslide against a poor candidate. I think we can assume that Republicans are going to hate the dem and dems are going to hate the republican. Hard numbers are still hard numbers-the partisans who hate one side or the other do not have a majority. It’s the swing vote that matters and I don’t think in the end they will choose Romney. They tend to chose the devil they know over the devil they don’t know.

The point that I am making is narrowly restricted to the assertion made by Gao Bohan (which was that Dems like Obama more than Republicans like Romney) and it is simply that many Republicans hate Obama and that that hate is sufficient motivation for them to vote for Obama’s opponent.

I don’t see how you can reasonably disagree with my statement. I’m not talking about policy and perceptions. Heck, plenty of Dems love Obama despite the fact that Obama has continued and in some cases enhanced many of Bush II’s policies, which many of those same Dems claimed to hate. But, that isn’t a point that either Gao Bohan or I were making.

Are you Mr. Pot or Mr. Black? I can never be sure with you… :laughing:

The point that I am making is narrowly restricted to the assertion made by Gao Bohan (which was that Dems like Obama more than Republicans like Romney) and it is simply that many Republicans hate Obama and that that hate is sufficient motivation for them to vote for Obama’s opponent.

I don’t see how you can reasonably disagree with my statement. I’m not talking about policy and perceptions. Heck, plenty of Dems love Obama despite the fact that Obama has continued and in some cases enhanced many of Bush II’s policies, which many of those same Dems claimed to hate. But, that isn’t a point that either Gao Bohan or I were making.[/quote]

Gotcha. But my point stands.

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]If Obama was going to pick Hillary as his VP running mate, he should have done it in the last election. Yes, I know that Hillary said some bad things about him, but an emotionally mature adult would see that as “just politics” and rise above it. Instead Obama picked Biden, and for me (and many others, I think) it was like “Who the Hell is Biden?”

At this point I see Hillary as a spent force. She’d be wasting her time as VP - I can’t see it as a stepping stone to the presidency in 2016. But who knows? Politicians astound me with their stupidity. Hillary’s ego may demand that she run.

And despite what some say, I don’t see Obama as a sure winner in this year’s election. If the Republicans are dumb enough to choose Romney (they are) then it will be a close race. If the Republicans could ever find it in themselves to choose an honest candidate (I won’t hold my breath) they could walk away with the election, because quite frankly about half the Democrats see Obama as a total corporate sell-out and will refrain from voting this November.[/quote]

I agree many dems are disappointed with O but if Romney runs they won’t stay home to protest their dislike of the incumbent. Too risky.

In support of Tigerman, I have frequently expressed my pleasure at Obama continuation of Bush policies. My beef with him as it was with George W. is spending. I would add a certain lack of understanding of how money is made and an over-reliance on government programs. Still, throw Hillary into the picture and I will more than consider voting Democrat this year.