Will Rye Freeze?

So I’ve planned a meal for friends who are leaving on Jan 31st, (They’re leaving on Feb 1st and I can’t shift it.) We’re having a quiche, bruschetta, and tons of different salads, with iniquitous amounts of wine and beer and to round it off I wanted a nice hunk of Rye bread on the table. BUT Mr. Mark is closed from Jan 28th to Feb 2nd.

So I need to know either, where can I find good Rye bread in Kaohsiung, or how to freeze and reheat rye succesfully. :help:

It’ll freeze just as well as any other bread. Just take it out of the freezer, let it come to room temp and pop it in the oven, assuming you have an oven. Or you could put it straight from the freezer into the oven but I’d be afraid of burning the outside and leaving the inside frozen if I did that. On no account try to microwave it or you’ll make it inedible.
If you don’t have an oven, you’re sure to at least have a toaster oven, right? In that case, you can slice it and warm it in that.

Better still, ask “Mr Mark” for his advice when you buy it. I’m sure he’ll know what’s best.