Will there be any issues transiting through Hong Kong?

It says 2 of the 3 latest cases only had a layover in HK and the other one only went to Macau so yeah, it’s awful.

2 Likes

Here’s a Focus Taiwan article on this issue:

The speculation is that the couple did NOT get the coronona virus while in HKG (the airport) but via the longhaul Italy - HKG flight, which is a confined environment more conducive to virus transmission.

Guy

Well I flew from HKG to London then from London to HKG around that time so it’s pretty horrifying.

1 Like

That’s incredibly disappointing…

You can still use the “Alien Resident”/Taiwan national line for immigration.

I understand what they are up to. They want to be able to intercept any potential problem cases—though honestly this should also apply to Taiwan nationals too!

Guy

2 Likes

I don’t see the practical difference between a legal resident and a Taiwan national as it pertains to this situation. Both have left Taiwan, both should be subject to the same procedures. Once again, the gov’t here completely disrespects foreigners.

I wonder if the same is true upon exit, probably not I guess.

1 Like

This I don’t know.

Can any forumosans confirm?

Guy

Hope you’re ok. Check yourself out if you become fluey.

1 Like

Lol thanks but it’s been like … 2 weeks (?) and I don’t feel anything so it should be fine.

1 Like

Whiskey and Honey, just saying! :wink:

BREAKING: Starting on Monday February 10, travellers who have transited through HKG, Macau, or China will be subjected to “home quarantine” for fourteen days after arrival in Taiwan. According to this article in Focus Taiwan, those subjected to “home quarantine” can expect “daily health-check calls from their ward chief, and will also be under electronic surveillance through their cell phones.”

Guy

4 Likes

I’m glad to you sent this. I was just talking with my better half about this possibility.

1 Like

We have a ward chief?! Are they normally expected to do anything? Are they horrified by this sudden addition of health care responsibilities to their job?

Son of a b… :hot_face:

Thanks for posting. Looks like I’m going to have to find another airport.

1 Like

BEWARE:
ANY transit in China is a no no for visitors. If you have ARC or Taiwan ID, it’s quarantine.

Check BOCA
/MOFA

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5118-dc513-2.html

And remember the situation is «fluid» meaning changes are expected.

2 Likes

Good. Too late, but still.

Hubby’s flight transiting through Hong Kong arriving on the 15th was cancelled. He had to get another flight on the 29th through Narita.

3 Likes