Will using a Rental Agent cover my ass if my property is too noisy?

I am extremely sensitive to noise seeing how I meditate more than 4 hours per day and very prone to sleeping late and waking up late.

This is the major reason why I am looking for residences in the more rural areas of Taiwan.

Now say i rent a farm from someone. If I use a rental agent when signing the contracts, does that cover my ass if for some reason or another, the noise from the neighbors make it impossible for me to meditate or disrupt my sleeping patterns in such a way that I am nothing more than a half-awake zombie?

No. Noise means nothing in Taiwan, so there’s no way you’d get it into a contract, and no way a condition would be enforceable or enforced even if it was included.

Move to Australia.

As a Buddhist you should already know: It’s not the noise that disturbs you, it is you who disturbs the noise. Let the noise be your teacher grasshopper

Ask you rental agent to another property where there is no noise shift thier area and sleep well as you can.
lease option

Maybe we could understand this better if you posted in English :wink:

No, not really. This is something that you would need to take up with an individual landlord. My landlord let me take over another one of his apartments when the original one I stayed in was too noisy. The new one was still noisy, but a MAJOR improvement over the old one.

It really wasn’t any skin off the landlord’s ass because he was gonna have one unit that needed to be rented out anyway. So your best bet is to find a LL who owns multiple units and if he’s kind enough to let you move out should the noise be a severe enough issue.

BTW, the unit I rented at the end of last year is on the floor below me. I walk past it everyday on the stairs up to my unit. In about 9 months since I have moved out of that unit, there have been at least 3 new tenants that have attempted to live there.

[quote=“Budda Boy”]I am extremely sensitive to noise seeing how I meditate more than 4 hours per day and very prone to sleeping late and waking up late.

This is the major reason why I am looking for residences in the more rural areas of Taiwan.

Now say i rent a farm from someone. If I use a rental agent when signing the contracts, does that cover my ass if for some reason or another, the noise from the neighbors make it impossible for me to meditate or disrupt my sleeping patterns in such a way that I am nothing more than a half-awake zombie?[/quote]

If noise or the lack thereof is not a part of the rental agreement you are out of luck.
It does not matter who facilitates the tenant-landlord relationship, what matters is the contract.

[quote=“hsinhai78”][quote=“Budda Boy”]I am extremely sensitive to noise seeing how I meditate more than 4 hours per day and very prone to sleeping late and waking up late.

Now say i rent a farm from someone. If I use a rental agent when signing the contracts, does that cover my ass if for some reason or another, the noise from the neighbors make it impossible for me to meditate or disrupt my sleeping patterns in such a way that I am nothing more than a half-awake zombie?[/quote]

If noise or the lack thereof is not a part of the rental agreement you are out of luck.
It does not matter who facilitates the tenant-landlord relationship, what matters is the contract.[/quote]

LOL at a contract “mattering” in Taiwan.

[quote=“gavmasterflash”][quote=“hsinhai78”][quote=“Budda Boy”]I am extremely sensitive to noise seeing how I meditate more than 4 hours per day and very prone to sleeping late and waking up late.

It does not matter who facilitates the tenant-landlord relationship, what matters is the contract.[/quote]

LOL at a contract “mattering” in Taiwan.[/quote]

While the principle of “pacta sunt servanda” is not really part of the local mentality, courts do enforce contracts.
If you are not able to insist on your rights the blame is on you. The reason why so many Taiwanese have their way with foreigners is not because the courts are incapable of sorting things out. Most foreigners would rather whine on Forumosa than take their case to the courts.