Wine bar in Taipei?

Hey everyone,

My birthday is coming up very shortly and I’d like to know if there are any good wine bars in Taipei? If not, how about any good pubs/nightclubs for people over 25? It will be my 30th (gasp!) So I’m looking to do something a little different.

Count me in to welcome you to the grown up world. Its a lie! Post your deets, lad, and we’ll help usher you in to the next chapter of your life…calling jimipresley and iridiscu: wine bars, please, gentlemen!

Have a winey birthday. Is that place close to the G’day Cafe still there? Maybe not.

Lol, I’m afraid I’m not a lad, I’m a lass. But any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Bacchus Wine Bar, 176 XsingAn St, Taipei, Taiwan
Just in Bistro & Wine Bar, 106 Taiwan台北市大安區忠孝東路四段181巷33號 +886 2 8771 9297
Private wine tasting party For a Birthday ? For a cocktail ? To meet yours Friends… sommelier.com.tw/

I can’t guarantee these places are still open.

How about this one:

Weiß

hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/2010 … -weib.html

Wine Bar & Restaurant featuring German white wines*

No. 6, Lane 71, An Ho Road, Sec. 2
(02)2732-5099

MRT: liou-chang-li (even the hungryintaipei link says Da An)

website: http://www.weis.com.tw mostly Chinese (Menu has English)

hours: Lunch: 11:30 AM ~ 2:30 PM; Dinner: 6:00 PM ~ 10:00 PM
Afternoon tea available by advance reservation
Saturday & Sunday: Brunch: 11:00 AM ~ 4:00 PM; Dinner: 6:00 PM ~ 10:00 PM

• Yes there are a lot of great ones. This restaurant and Wine Bar is by someone who fell in love with them. And no, “Blue Nun” is not one of them - no one in Germany ever heard of that. And no, it also doesn’t refer to other cheap semi-sweet stuff for mass export like Liebfrau(en)milch either :wink:

I always liked the idea of a wine bar, but I’ve never been to one. There was one in Tianmu on Dexing E. Road, I’ll try to remember the name and adress. I’m sure I mentioned it somewhere on Forumosa before.

Dr. McCoy wrote

Bacchus closed down a while ago.

Sommelier is more of a wine shop than a wine bar though they do have a small tasting bar.

I’ve never run across another wine bar after Bacchus closed. You might be better off going to a 5 star hotel and having a toast in the bar. I had a nice glass of red in the open air bar at The Grand Formosa Regent on Chung Shan North Road last spring. The Howard Plaza on Renai Rd also has a nice open air bar in the atrium of the hotel with the view all the way up to the top floor. They had good jazz piano/vocal duo the night I was there about a year ago. Both would offer a special occasion atmosphere. I would lean toward the Howard Plaza myself.

Happy 30th Skyfae!

No whining, please.

Happy Birthday, BTW.