Wing Chun

Sup ya’ll. Im new to Taiwan just interested in studying a little Wing Chun. If anyone as any info bout schools or anything, please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

If you go to the, um north (I think) side of the National Concert Hall (not on the deck but actually outside the hall, on the sidewalk) at CKS Memorial on Monday, Wednesday, Thurs nights at 9:30, there’s a class taught by a very knowledgeable and down-to-earth Wing Chun teacher named Will. There are other WC classes around town, but I think if you really want to understand the art he’s the one to see.

Thanks for the kind words, Vay. If anyone is interested, yes, we are at Chiang kai shek memorial on Mon, Wed, Thurs from 9-11 (sometimes start a little late 9:15 or so and sometimes go until very late). It is a good time to come out because we are really focusing on the fundamentals of movement, power generation, balance, body isolation, and hitting like a girl. right now. If you have any problems finding us or questions, call 0930632213.

Eeeevrybody Wing Chung tonight. Everybody Wing Chung tonight. (George Michael)

:serenade:

Ok, I needed a dancing emoticon, but that was the best I could find.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Eeeevrybody Wing Chung tonight. Everybody Wing Chung tonight. (George Michael)

Ok, I needed a dancing emoticon, but that was the best I could find.[/quote]

Wasn’t George Michael. That was Wang Chung.

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]Eeeevrybody Wing Chung tonight. Everybody Wing Chung tonight. (George Michael)

Ok, I needed a dancing emoticon, but that was the best I could find.[/quote]

Wasn’t George Michael. That was Wang Chung.[/quote]

Whatever. Wham! Wang Chung. What’s the difference?

WHAM!
BAM!
I AM!
A MAN!
JOB OR NO JOB
YOU CAN’T TELL ME THAT I’M NOT
DO!
YOU!
ENJOY WHAT YOU DO?
IF NOT
JUST STOP!
DON’T STAY THERE AND ROT!

Ev’rybody have fun tonight
Ev’rybody Wang Chung tonight
Ev’rybody Wang Chung tonight
Ev’rybody have fun.

But I still don’t know what Wing Chung is.

I think there is a good guide in comedy and humor I call the rule of three. In any given situation you will think of something funny to say. It is good to resist the urge to say the first thing. That is obvious, reactionary humor. Upon reflection you will think of something else. Its better but still in the realm of obvious. When you think further, you will hit upon a third level. It is at that third level that originality and your unique voice will kick in. Humor is an art and should be taken as seriously as any other activity to keep it from becoming banal.

Yes sir, I’ll try to behave better in the future. Sorry to mess up your thread. Why don’t you tell us about Wing Chun.

My last post was a verbal interpretation of how i am when i have just woken up hungover, before i have had my first smoke and coffee.
Actually, this ain’t my thread. Not sure i even understand the concept of thread ownership. If I had my druthers, threads would simply be pruned according to what is uniteresting or unfunny. Don’t understand the concept of offensive too much. I think everything should be made fun of.
You want to know what i think of wing chun…not much.
In my opinion, people can hit, poke, grasp, throw, lock, kick and bite each other. If you look at how this works, you can find certain principles that grow ever more complex. This is “martial arts”. All the names for martial arts are useful since they help distinguish different methods. Just don’t forget that they are also marketing concepts.

Lo Man Kam’s Wing Chun School

ADDRESS:
No. 31, 4F, Alley 51, Lan 12, Sec.3, BaDe Rd; Taipei, Taiwan

(If you’re on DunHua Road, the lane is on the east side of DunHua Road- one block north of Civil Blvd, or one block south of BaDe Road.
There is a Lexus auto dealership on the corner of the lane.

The school’s location in this lane is about three blocks east of DunHua.)

Phone:
8862-2578-2405

FAX:
8862-2577-4323

FROM THE WEBSITE

Who is Lo Man Kam?
Sifu Lo Man Kam is the nephew of Grandmaster Yip Man. He started learning Wing Chun Kuen with his uncle in 1950, at the same time as illustrious students like Leung Sheung, Lok Yiu, Yip Bo Ching, and Jiu Wan.
In 1960, he moved to Taiwan where he worked in military intelligence. Retiring in 1975, he established the first Wing Chun school in Taiwan, and has since taught over 2,000 students from over 34 countries and territories.

[i][b]The nephew of Grandmaster Yip Man, Sifu Lo Man Kam began learning Wing Chun Kung Fu from his uncle at a very early age. To this day, he still progresses in Wing Chun, continually seeking to expand an already profound understanding of his art. Using his vast knowledge of martial arts, he has integrated Wing Chun

Put this under “footnotes”:

Did Arkaine or anybody else get any useful information and/or help from this or were we all just too busy Wang Chunging?

BTW

Since this might be the last post on this thread, let’s sum it all up:

Wang Chung might refer to:

Wang Ch’ung (27