🇪🇺 Europe | Winter in the Baltics and Finland

I wish I could go in summer but its work related and many people are off on summer vacations. As for Japan I have family there thus the reason for the stopover (and Fin Air does not fly to Taiwan). So what are nice recommendations for dining do you have. I will try the Burger King with a Sauna though. And yes Euro-Japan flights seem longer but to Finland seems they fly over the north pole.

Have you been to Hakaniemi Old Market Hall? Worth a visit, from the blog it looks good. They have deer meat items like northern Japan (where there is too many deer who need birth control)

2 Likes

I will be there a day this summer for a meeting (still go in winter for a longer trip) so will try eat and drink more if I have time. A Taiwanese girl who was student there gave me lots places to eat and socialize so will try visit as much as I can.

1 Like

In nearby Estonia, nice weather and good for outdoor dining. Link has photo outdoors in the old town. I will still go longer this fall with more free time.

Shakshouka at Wow’s 邦查 Cafe(波浪屋2號倉庫) - Cuisine / East Coast & Islands Restaurants - Forumosa

Also nice seafood

Also airport coffee cafe is nice

Trams like in KHH (seems same model) except Tallin ones have female names

Lots of protest signs in from Russian offices in Tallin

Meatballs, some fish and dark break for breakfast. Nice food for me

3 Likes

2 Likes

Nice summer in Finland & Baltics. I see lots of people with shorts for the long days (and warm for them) and nice dress ups in the summer evenings.

1 Like

where are the Estonian and Finnish women?

1 Like

haha, women also look good, slim like Taiwanese. The second photo is Lithuanian park with water fountains and women in Bikinis enjoying the sun on the far right side (cut off).

2 Likes

You know… points get taken away for cutting out women in bikini pics.
Do you need to take proper lessons from @MalcolmReynolds :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can go visit one of the Kaohsiung beaches and maybe see Bikinis and wave to the China Navy. Much warmer there too, doubtful Finland or Lithuanian water spots get above 30.

2 Likes

I’m going to go biking around NSYSU and up the road past its western entrance to look for ChiComm naval ships :slight_smile:

1 Like

What did you see? Boats & more?

Tons of empty tankers stretching north and south of harbor.
So easy for one to meander toward harbor entrance and sink for reasons to be known later.

1 Like

ok, so like a normal day with ships offshore! Bikini’s too I guess (friend sent photos from the Eastern beaches trying to surf, saw many Bikinis ha)

2 Likes

A few bikinis by Cijin beach. Some even there for surfing.

1 Like

:eggplant:

1 Like

So, your at Kiekkobussi Areena - Lempäälän Jäähalli?? Play or watch a game or something else interesting?

Nope, just an immature meme I saw. Kind of fascinating how the river(?) meanders in such a fashion, geologically speaking.

Finland is pretty high on my temporarily-held visit list, still. I’ve been recommended it so many times by people that have lived there that I would fit into the culture that i’m curious if it indeed would be the case.

1 Like

Enjoy the warm air, its -5 or lower now here ! (still the love for Ukraine and hate for the supreme leaders)

2 Likes

Flew into Riga, Latvia (been there before via car from Vilnius), got riped off by bandit cab paying a lot more than I should have. Its the only Baltic Airport with people (a lot)outside the international exit asking you bring you somewhere. Talinn is good and has trams (local free, non local 1,5 euro), Vilnius has cheap nice bus, one Euro cash or less with local IC Card, my Riga bandit cab paid 35 euro all city centres. At the KHH bullet train terminal there was someone asking if I needed a ride which is not normal but there has been a shortage of cabs there and at times at KHH airport.

Vilnius is good with red bus,