Wiring Rent without ARC/Bank Account

So I’ve been in my apartment for nearly a month now, and rent is due next Friday.
Problem is, I have no bank account in Taiwan, and the landlord wants the money by wire.
Any suggestions?
Would Western Union be my easiest option?
I’ve heard I could wire the money at a 7-11 too, but again, I don’t have a Taiwanese bank account.
Any help would be appreciated…

Wiring money with no account seems like an oxymoron. Tell the landlord and tell him cash by registered mail. Or do post office, you an go in with cash and deposit into his account. Banks should be able to as well, but banks are the slowest service in Taiwan…

Ask him which bank he use, then walk into the bank branch and deposit the money in his account. It’s not that hard.

1 Like

Also you need to bring your passport when you do that…

You can open a bank account without ARC. Go to Immigration office, register for an ID number. You will get a paper with the number on it, which you can use together with passport to open a bank account.

Yea, just go to the bank and deposit the money. No rocket science required. I did it today for my rent and didn’t even need to show id

I don’t think this works anymore. I was told the same. I received the number from immigration and went to E.Sun and Mega. Both said no.

AND I brought a local, clean cut business friend with.

Oh, AND I actually had a resident visa freshly stamped in my passport. This was in Kaohsiung with an American passport.

I had just applied for an ARC but need to rent an apartment ASAP as I have my family with. ATM won’t give me the NT160,000 I need. ARC takes 2 weeks.

I was told two days ago I should be able to open a post office account - for sure. But I also had been told I could open a bank account “for sure” by multiple people including several mid-level immigration / government people. I received my ARC today do now will head to bank in the morning.