Wise (formerly TransferWise)

Were you a resident of Germany when you applied for the card at that time? Or did you simply have to indicate in your (Transfer)Wise account that your home country is Germany? I can ask friends in Berlin to receive a card for me and send to Taiwan, but I am not a resident there (i.e., do I have to upload to Wise an Aufenthaltstitel or something like that)

When you wire to a non-TWD account in Taiwan using Wise, do you have to indicate the purpose of the funds? When I receive funds in Taiwan from abroad, my Taiwan recipient bank will call me and I will drop in to a branch and go through an awkward process of declaring what the purpose is. I usually say its for repayment of loans from abroad or family funds for living expenses here (is there a better one that won’t attract any attention?)

As I explained in this thread, I now send transfers to my HSBC account in HK and then use their internal transfer network to move the money to my HSBC Taiwan account. But I do not hold the NT$ 3,000,000 minimum balance so they charge me NT$ 1,000 a month to maintain it. If I can simply transfer HKD or Euros directly to my multicurrency account in a Taiwan (non-HSBC) bank for less than a couple thousand NT$, then I might just close the HSBC Taiwan account again