With the explosion of recent covid cases, are we trying to be dirtier?

Is this happening elsewhere or just the south?

Am seeing more and more places take down their tracking requirements (seems logical as its untrackable now). But they are also removing ther hand sanitizers. Many places dont have soap in washrooms (a problem for many other diseases), still have open baskets offeces and some even shut off their bathrooms altogether.

The subway in Pingtung city renovated their bathroom out of the store ,they dont even have one for customers anymore! Not even a damn sink…was in there with the family and wanted to wash hands before eating (arguably a normal thing to do even without covid) a sandwich and they said go look around outside. Wtf?

Whats going on with the surprisingly worse than pre covid sanitation attitudes?

Anyone else noticing such situations on the increase?

6 Likes

so far not really, lack of soap is not a new problem, so i wont count that, but i still see lots of sanitizers.
anyway, 不乾不淨吃了沒病…

Even Taipei MRT has those in the men’s WC, although you are asked to flush people still throw their shit stained paper in the trash can next to the pot.

1 Like

The excessive hygiene of the past two years will come back to bite us.

6 Likes

Dirt is good.

Any time you hear a parent shouting “dirty, dirty” at their kids in the park it’s just bad parenting.

10 Likes

Where is this unicorn you speak of?

2 Likes

I agree, to a point. Though, Dirty and infectious are 2 different beasts. People living with hepatitis probably have their thoughts. Might be a different story if various mandates and restrictions were not imposed. But they are . And eateries not having a washroom seems wrong. I am surprised places of dine in not having a sink to wash hands isn’t illegal to be honest.

And hospital sanitation…jesus. as mentioned, not new. i am just surprised, dumbfounded really, with the massive reaction to covid that prevention and sanitation are still very much not in the realm of thought half the time. makes no sense.

2 Likes

No longer a government mandate and was pretty useless anyway so not sorry to see it and it’s privacy concerns go.

Spraying alcohol all over yourself is not a particularly effective sanitation method, assuming there was even a reasonably strong alcohol in the sanitizer in the first place.

Pretty poor form alright however if you’re worried about covid eating in a restaurant is not exactly at the low end of risk.

The lockdown’s certainly seem to, sudden increase in serious liver disease in kids is being linked to lockdowns and lack of exposure to germs/bacteria.

2 Likes

Agreed

Agreed

Semi agreed. I am not worried about covid. I am appauled at the place of food you cannot wash your hands. I am more worried about say parasites and children than i am covid.

Basic hygiene is a smart idea. With covids massive over reactions they seemed to have missed the mark on a few things…it seems very strange to me. I would have thought 2 years of full retard might make the population take at least hand washing semi seriously.

1 Like

Yea lots of restaurants even closed down their restrooms because of covid…

Ya lol. Including the sinks outside, which is beyond me.

Yes, i would love to come in after work and take the bus/mrt to sit and and eat finger food without being able to wash my hands. In fact, i sure hope the cook doesnt wash after a duece either…this aint helicopter parent level ocd, its just baaaaaaasic common sense.

3 Likes

Dirt is good.

Any time you hear a parent shouting “dirty, dirty” at their kids in the park it’s just bad parenting.

I disagree, I think this sort of thinking “sounds good” but isn’t actually. A lot of “common sense” is actually really bad poorly thought out advice.

Sure, play outside in nature is natural and good for everyone. But being dirty isn’t “good” for your kids, you’re not training their bodies to be more resistant or immune to disease. Exposing your kids to dangerous diseases like tetanus, hepatitis, etc, just risks their lives and can cause them a lifetime of complications.

Agreed.

Dirty as in dirt, ok.

Unsanitary like open feces bins and flies that walk all over it and move into the kitchen OR nurses that dont change gloves between patients OR not sterilizing instruments properly between use etc…bad.

1 Like

That’s exactly what being dirty does do.

1 Like

There’s a big difference from digging around in the dirt at the park looking for stones and rummaging through the bin next to the toilet in the MRT. Hopefully the kids, and the poster above, are aware.

4 Likes

There’s a theory in medical science called ‘modified hygeine hypothesis’ that attempts to link excessive hygeine and the rise of autoimmune diseases. The central thesis is that the immune system of kids needs something to ‘train on’. Without enough bugs, strange things happen to the developing immune system. Dirt, bacteria and parasites have been with us for eons, we are well kitted out to deal with them. That’s the crux of it anyway.

2 Likes

Indeed. There’s an even bigger difference between rummaging around through bins next to the toilet in the MRT and injecting oneself with botulism. Hopefully the kids, and all of us, are aware of that.

1 Like

Well, I am pretty sure we have a significant rat population in our park, thanks to the generous supply of food offered to the significant pigeon population. I let our boy play in the sand pit, but not where the rats, squirrels, and pigeons party.

Hehe. I was going to ask why everyone is fixated on the word dirty. Then i saw my thread title. Dammit, thats my fault! Sorry. I was wondering what the fixation on kids playing in dirt was lol.

I should have written why are we ignoring actual important basic hygiene measures when we have been force fed pandemic narratives about quarantines and shyte from all sides for a couple years, ad nauseam. This isnt to say we should all be the boy in the vubble outdoors.

But! Frankly my quarantine and hygiene practices are more strict for seeds i buy online than what is witnessed with this “new normal” type of “unprecedented times”.

1 Like

In the old days they used to just throw shit out the window, no sewers or anything. And diseases were rampant too.