With the explosion of recent covid cases, are we trying to be dirtier?

A taiwan beer says you let your son eat from food where they party :wink:

Not intentionally of course!

Open baskets of feces? What?

It’s basically because people in Taiwan don’t like flushing toilet paper so they throw it in a trash can next to the toilet, and often smeared with shit.

Oh ok, like in China or also I saw this in villages in Greece. I thought actual bins of shit LOL

Hehe, ya sorry . I was exagerating . Open bins with smeared feces on tissues. Often just right next to the toilet . Also with the architectual genius on inward swinging doors designed to pass within cm of the toilet bowl. Often in the corner one would stand to avoid the bowl when closing the door

Its not usually directly in the bin. But it gets WILD fast . I was at the hospital last week for the dentist. They are right next to the blood/urin/fecal testinb lab (an opening in t he wall blocked by nothing). Literally next door, no dividers. Nevermind that flaw. Went to the bathroom and the waste bin was actually with shit. Up the side of the inside, on the top, down the outside of the container and a line on the floor. It had dried slightly (it was not a solid state when fresh not when case hardened) and the stench was noticeapple down the hall to registration. Black if you were curious. Yum. Then i got my root canal. 2 years of ultra hygenic practice at its best :nauseated_face: a friggen hospital.

1 Like

EWWWWW. For a place that seems to be filled with overreactive hypochondriacs that doesn’t make much sense :frowning: I do hate those inward swinging doors in toilets when you don’t want to touch anything.

That’s crazy, I always heard that the medical care was supposed to be better there but hygiene sounds like an issue

1 Like

The government announced it was not needed anymore. It’s official.

I think I still se them around in the north.

In my office the electronic soap dispenser has been broken for a week.

No other soap has been provided as a replacement whilst we wait for it to be fixed.

I think I was the only person who ever used it anyway

2 Likes

I stopped using the one in our office after noting that when the battery runs out and it stops automatically dispensing people were opening the lid and dipping their hands in the reservoir
I use the old fashioned manual dispenser now!

1 Like

It sounds to me like you were the one who broke it. A bit irresponsible of you during a pandemic. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

one day I walked into the bathroom and it had fell off the wall. The 3M tape or whatever they used couldn’t support it anymore. They stuck it back up but the next day it had fallen again

1 Like

Excessive cleanliness is part of the reason (some think/have linked) sooo many more people have fatal allergies nowadays. Their immune system “needs” to fight things, but there’s nothing to fight, so it goes into attack mode when you eat something that came in contact with a peanut. Notice how you almost never see kids with fatal allergies here. Despite â€œé‚Łć€‹é«’é«’çš„ïŒâ€ being screeched at every child that tries to explore the nature around them, Taiwan is still significantly filthier than “the West”, boosting the developing body’s need to fight basic germs, and therefore not attacking basic food items when ingested. I’m sure the hygiene practices mentioned above (actual buckets of shit, nurses not changing gloves between patients, doctors splashing water on their hands, if that) have all contributed to overall less health problems for children.

Germ theory is a few centuries old. I cannot tolerate parents screeching at children trying to examine a leaf while at the same time needing to bring my own TP and soap to the hospital. If its not there, its not being used. Also, not drying your hands after washing them is about as practical from a germs standpoint as not washing them at all. So good job Taiwan “saving the earth” by not providing paper towels.

1 Like

In the US we hear about people dying just because someone’s cooking fish at a nearby restaurant

And boosting diarrhea too :smiley:

I agree with you to some extent though.

1 Like

To be fair, the CDC lists Diarrhea as one of the most important “diseases”. There is even a “religious” level belief it is a healthy thing to intentionally “do” in taiwan. Folks have shat on me for saying that on the forums before ,but it is a real thing regardless if a person doesnt want to admit it ( outside the health cult circles).

I think what @nz post is mentioning is extremism. Which is the core of this thread. Full on retards on either side. We shouldnt be sterile nor should be be inserting toilet juice directly into our veins. Which i find amazing that we are still essentially still like this despite 2 plus years of force fed fear about cleanliness and viral end of times.

My question is why? And if mandates are to be followed/accepted, why not the easy/basic/common sense prevention beforehand?

2 Likes

I cant think of any new shopping malls i have been to where they didnt completely f*ck up one of t he following:

Soap dispensers
Paper towel
Toilet tissue
Air driers
Door/wall design

The billions they spend, they cant figure out distance needed to squeeze in a hand under the soap/dont want falling tissue directly into the feces bin/dont want to rub the toilet to close the door/other such idiocies. Would love to meet the companies they hire to check finishing measures just to slap the innept C words in hopes brain damage might actually improve their work QC.

1 Like