Withdrawing from rental agreement within 24 hours of signing - any advice

Rented a place - and then realized it was a terrible decision. It is near a construction site. I am meeting the agent at 1pm to see how much of the 3.5 months rent I can get back.

One thing in my favor is that he lied about the hours of construction: he said it was 9-5 monday to friday, but it was in full swing this morning.

Besides pointing out that I am a fool - I know that already - Any other advice? How much money am I entitled to get back in law for withdrawing within 24 hours of signing? I really appreciate any advice, thanks

Let us know the outcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe construction can start at 8AM in Taipei. So, he did not get his facts straight.

If they start any earlier than that, you can complain to your district office.

Not entirely sure about when they are supposed to end their work day.

I think the OP might have been posting on Saturday (there are edits, so not sure). So, regardless of start time, he/she was told it would only be Mon-Fri.

Landlord was disclosing the official hours of construction. He’s not liable for the illegal construction hours. Your grievance there is with the EPA. You’re quite entitled to call them out every time they operate outside of those times. But as we all know the EPA are paid off by the contractors.

it was an agent and he did quote incorrect construction hours but anyway he agreed to return all money. going to meet him now, fingers are crossed.

So he gave back 3 and a quarter months and kept a quarter. Could have been a lot worse so I am relieved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.