Witnessing Sexual Assault by Club Security

The issue is it didn’t happen in an alley. It happened in the club. There’s the dance floor, then a small hallway to the bathrooms which is around where it happened. I leave Taipei tomorrow so I won’t be able to go back there to even check. I would think there are cameras but I apparently I need a damn “to do” check list for next time I witness anything like this again.

If it was socially acceptable and I didn’t have to worry about libel laws I probably would of snapped real hard on him…and I appreciate the support. I feel very sorry for the woman, I’m pretty messed up from witnessing it and I can’t imagine if it were me in her shoes.

3 Likes

You may have the ability to get that guard fired, he might just be on a temporary contract if he is a regular security guy, if he is a gangster or related to the owner then different story. The boss can check all the CCTV privately and fire him “release him”.

1 Like

Yeah I think I might have to contact the club anonymously but it’s a good idea to have those checked. Getting fired is the least he deserves but it’s something.

6 Likes

It will at least let all the staff know that the club will not tolerate abuse of position. It is likely.the club will do nothing though, but you never know.
Not sure now, but a couple of decades ago the clubs were owned by gangsters and if he is just a regular paid security guard he would get a beating, not for the molesting but rather for risking the club’s reputation and subsequent earnings. It will also make him much likely to keep his dirty fingers to himself in future.By the way CCTV is usually kept for 14 days.

4 Likes

Which club was it? I may know the owner or someone in management.

3 Likes

yup she could contact her contacts some of whom could be yakuza and the gropper will be in some shit

me thinks his hand wasn’t just on her ass.
but yes, NOT getting roaring drunk is generally a good idea for everyone male and female (probably especially female).

Shit happens easier when you are drunk.

no doubt about that

I can’t stand this kind of behavior from men, it’s weak and the antithesis of masculinity.

2 Likes

Amen. It Is pathetic to behave in such a fashion, period.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for bringing this up, rather than sleep it off, as too many people do. If it weren’t for people like you who reveal the truth, even if just one instance, perpetrators would continue to commit these deeds with impunity.

I hope you did review this club online with something like “Security Denies Sexual Assault” as your headline. If I had to pick one site for this review, I might post it at Google Maps: click on the club on the map, then post your review there. I don’t live in Taiwan though (planning on moving there), so if anyone can think of a site that leads to wider exposure, please speak up.

Thank you again, brave Samaritan.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support. I’ve sent them a message with an account detached from my name so we’ll see what they say.

I’m sick to my stomach dealing with this but if I didn’t say anything I’d still feel sick and angry for not trying anything. The hard part being in Taiwan is know you need proof and only the club cameras may have proof. And I’m not sure if there were other witnesses either. Oh well, here we are…if they deny it I will probably leave a review as it might be the most I can do.

4 Likes

If the review is not deleted it will be damaging to them that is way better than nothing. :+1:

1 Like

Update: I’ve messaged the club from an anonymous FB account and have gotten no response although my message was seen. Unless whoever read doesn’t know much English, which I don’t think is the case, that is quite a bad look…I’ll message again tomorrow and we’ll see if they decide to say anything or not.

2 Likes

Someone on here could translate it for you., then they have no excuse for not replying. You can also screenshot their refusal to reply and post it as part of the review. However, get the same one sent in Chinese so they cannot use the language excuse to wriggle out of not replying.:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I think I’ll send a message in Chinese asking if they were able to understand. Also, although Google translate is not perfect, they are more than capable of copy and pasting my message into the translater.

1 Like

Yeah, it just makes it easy for them to ignore is the problem.

1 Like

Ironically if I post a review I’m sure they’ll all the sudden be capable of using a translator.

1 Like

Google automatically translates if the review is on google maps.

7 Likes