Woke backlash goes too far, and shoes

Well privileged males discussing their nutteries sounds like a party.

Yes, that’s a criticism. That isn’t him complaining about being cancelled, which is what the author said

He can complain about it happening to other people, can’t he?

Sounds like splitting hairs. Obviously he can do whatever he pleases and still make money.

The author of the piece that you shared made a disingenuous argument. Straw man.

It isn’t splitting hairs to point out that she is stating falsehoods to prop up her shitty argument

Nobody said otherwise.

You haven’t proved anything by bringing up Chappelle who has clearly complained about being cancelled and continues to profit off of that brand.

It was one of several points i brought up from the article you promoted. She brought him up, disingenuously

Still waiting for the proof on that, I called bullshit like 7 hours ago

There is a difference between complaining about racism and complaining about being racialized. It isn’t hair splitting.

He profits from being funny. He talks about things that are important to him.

Exactly why they want you somewhere else; less discussion and more laughs.

It’s the same logic behind the covid humbug thread

You called bullshit and didn’t do a Google search. First quote is him hoping we all survive cancel culture. You either accept evidence right in front of you or you don’t.

Sounds like tribalism. You’re only allowed to laugh at the jokes your tribe agrees with. :wink:

Eventually I did, found the BBC article about him literally getting canceled. In an actual way/shape/form

It isn’t evidence for the claim that she made

I’m sorry, are you making jokes?

It is compartmentalism, because some topics snowball too far out and some people don’t care much about other people’s obsessions.

I think that’s pretty normal when it comes to politics, even if people like me would laugh no matter who’s the victim of the joke. But some other people cannot stand certain people making a clown of themself, so they seem to be compelled to justify or defend them or something.

Who’s doing that? Or did you think calling out the grifters equates to defending clowns?

Maybe it’s really best to keep that discussion in this thread and leave it out from the other one. Just saying :slight_smile:

That isn’t what you were saying is it? If you criticize those that profit off of making their entire platform about finding every little instance and blowing that up to a national crisis, you think that means I’m defending clowns.

I get why you’d like my points here because you’ve got a nice echo chamber. But that’s not really a discussion is it?

How about to discuss this super exciting topic here and not in a humour centered one?

That is not the stated purpose of the thread nor is every post humorous in any respect. If it was the ‘Funny Political Pictures Thread’ then you’d have a point. But it is not that.

Doesn’t sound like joking to me.

How about if you don’t like a post then don’t engage and people can contribute how they want? The clowns and the people who make money off the clowns are the part of the same discussion. No reason to go and bifurcate that.

I never read the first posts, and all the things I read there seemed to me funny lunacy. My apologies for not knowing about the origin of the thread :frowning:

Nope, we have rules about on topic posting for a reason.

As i already pointed out, we have multiple threads for other topics, too