Women afraid to lift weights because they don't want to get bulky

…need to watch this video:

Lifting weights is one of the best ways to get and stay in shape but most women won’t do it out of fear. Videos like this challenge these false beliefs and show the real results that women can get if they would just open their minds.

Notice that she IS NOT doing bodybuilding movements. This is what 99.9% of people think about when they think of weight training. But that’s not what she’s doing. She’s doing whole body lifts that work the entire body as a unit and she’s gotten fitter as a result.

Just had to share this video. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a video that more clearly addressed the false beliefs that women, especially Asian women, have about weight training.

She’s awesome! It’s too bad that so many women don’t understand that they’re not going to look like Arnie if they do weights.

As for a lot of Asians, I don’t think they would like the look of the woman in this video because she has muscle definition. Many of them seem to like the skinny, weak, helpless look.

Steve Tyler voice: “dude looks like a lady!” :laughing:

Whatever, she looks awesome! Also has that happy glow/positive attitude that I notice in people who are physically fit.
I know I was definitely at my smallest when I was weight training, though I was also at my heaviest! And I could eat a ton- muscle really burns those calories, even if you’re at rest.

But I don’t know when/if a toned look will be in style for Taiwanese women.
I remember my shock when I saw a friend of mine a couple of months after she had a baby here in Taiwan. She lifted the kid said “Hey, NTLT, look at my arms!”
I’d been in similar situations in America when my American friends lifted their babies and said “Look at my arms! I"ve gotten so much muscle from toting the baby around all day! It’s awesome!”
So I thought I knew what would come out of my TAiwanese friend’s mouth, but instead she said, “Look at my arms! Lifting my baby has made me get muscles. Disgusting!”
Hahahah

She looks awsome because she’s sexy. And it has nothing to do with her manly muskules. She’d look equally sexy if she was 70 pounds of meat and bone.

She looks awsome because she’s sexy. And it has nothing to do with her manly muskules. She’d look equally sexy if she was 70 pounds of meat and bone.[/quote]
Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. If she was a 70 pound waif I’d be gagging.

Yeah, 70 pounds of skin and bones is really sexy:

:unamused:

Here’s something the model in the video discovered that isn’t well known:

The reason?

The scale lies. This is a good explanation above, notice the difference in volume.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”]Yeah, 70 pounds of skin and bones is really sexy:

:unamused:

Here’s something the model in the video discovered that isn’t well known:

The reason?

The scale lies. This is a good explanation above, notice the difference in volume.[/quote]
Yes! This is what I was trying to say! At 117 lbs I couldn’t fit into my favorite pair of jeans and had some flub. After weight training, at 127 lbs, the jeans fit and looked great! I don’t even have a scale in my house. I measure my fitness by inches rather than pounds. (or centimeters rather than kilograms for the metrically-minded!)
But I am curious, Sandman, what makes her sexy, if not her body shape? Is it her face? Her confidence? Her youth and health? I guess all things combined, but I think being toned doesn’t hurt :slight_smile:

I dunno. She’s sexy, to me, DESPITE her (to my eyes) manly physique. I like toned, sure. But that lady be looking like a dude, to me.
And, the lady on the left is WAY sexier-looking than the one on the right. :thumbsup:

Women should know that when you do light weights but many repetitions you don’t get the bulk …

LOL. A size 0 woman is manly?!?! And she looks like this?!?!

I suggest you start hanging out with fewer “myn.” Good grief, only in Taiwan. Testosterone is so low here.

That isn’t what she’s doing.

I dunno. She’s sexy, to me, DESPITE her (to my eyes) manly physique. I like toned, sure. But that lady be looking like a dude, to me.
And, the lady on the left is WAY sexier-looking than the one on the right. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Wow…‘You know you’ve been in Taiwan too long when…’ :slight_smile:

EH? My testosterone is low because I don’t happen to be attracted to the same kind of women you are? That’s a new, rather offensive and rude one, to me. :laughing: In In the video she looks nice but kind of weird and muscly, in my view. The one in the red she just looks like a skank. But whatever. All the more for you, I suppose.

FF -
Excellent testimonial.
She has made great progress on many many levels.
Confidence, health and mental.
And look at her form. She does the full range on her lifts - full completion.
Nothing sloppy in her game.
Excellent!

Good thread.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]FF -
Excellent testimonial.
She has made great progress on many many levels.
Confidence, health and mental.
And look at her form. She does the full range on her lifts - full completion.
Nothing sloppy in her game.
Excellent!

Good thread.[/quote]

Yeah, her technique is really good. Agreed, she isn’t sloppy.

This is ultra bad advice.

Women don’t get the bulk because they don’t have testicles. It’s that simple.

Strong is the new skinny.

Loving how “skinny” girls here in TW are like 40% body fat and are thus technically morbidly obese.

Yes I know, there are some people that despise Crossfit.
But I vouch for crossfit! There are a lot of mom’s at my gym, and man they are smokin…
Can’t really tell they’re moms…not a clue on their body.
I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years now. I really see progress and results!
I’m slowing working my wife into it now that the baby’s out.

Hell, you know I’m all about that. Keep up the cross-fit, lifting, bench press going girlies! :wink:

Oh yeah, and there should be a youtube that mocks the skinny fat girls in Taiwan/Asia, just for the fun of it.

nice form on that squat and pull-up. i don’t care much for her nasally voice tho. lol.

[quote=“suntex01”]Yes I know, there are some people that despise Crossfit.
But I vouch for crossfit! There are a lot of mom’s at my gym, and man they are smokin…
Can’t really tell they’re moms…not a clue on their body.
I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years now. I really see progress and results!
I’m slowing working my wife into it now that the baby’s out.[/quote]

WHAT? You in Taipei? There are people at the gym in Taipei that do crossfit?!?!?!?!?! Where? :astonished: