Women’s march in Taiwan

This is an example of inequality and the reason they are marching in Taiwan. image

This is the video they posted about women’s struggles of inequality at work. Basically if anyone ask a girl if they need help moving a heavy object they are oppressing them according to them.

I’m waiting for them to post about also having to do conscription.

It’s happening today. Is anyone actually going to be there?

i can understand protesting because of the work enviroment, but because you need to cook dinner? how about just dont do it or work something out with your husband, i fail to see how marching is going to make your husband cook dinner.

3 Likes

You are probably not welcome in that demonstration. Well, I dont know about Taiwan, but in other parts of the World men are pushed out of those events because “women created this safe space and you came here and spoiled it”.

I’m thinking to drop by, I don’t sympathize with feminists but I do with women (I like them, really!).

2 Likes

I don’t know. The men in Taiwan seem more repressed than the women. I mean, look at all the guys who carry their girlfriend’s purse as they wait for her to shop for stuff he’ll have to pay for. If anything, there should be a men’s march.

9 Likes

I don’t sympathize with men. I wouldn’t attend that one.

You’re just worried it would be a sausage fest.

You can see beyond what most people can. You are special, cow.

I really hope that some day we will look back on all of this hyper-activism as a sort of cringe-worthy trend. (ie. 80s hair)

3 Likes

Speaking of hair. There might be some plump attendees with blue hair, you know.

1 Like

Notice how there are no women in this thread? This thread is a perfect example of structural sexism propagated by the patriarchy (I know you’re not a father yet, Andrew, but I assume you will be someday).

For people who want to empower women, it’s interesting to note the self-infantilization of the name they’ve chosen for themselves: 妹妹娃娃.

3 Likes

That’s a polite way to describe current year land whales.

1 Like

I think it did a fair job in past years, too. But hey, some people are just Ahabs that way.

Would correcting the 6 or so common grammar mistakes of that english Facebook post be considered as making them feel oppressed?

I’d be careful with that one…they may be forced to “punch a grammar nazi.”

That’s textbook mansplaining. Proceed with caution

1 Like

That’ll be the day. :rainbow: :unicorn:

make-women-great-again-get-them-back-to-the-kitchen

You mean Mr. President?

1 Like

That’s a weird meme for a guy who’s created jobs for thousands of women.

2 Likes

There’s only one word for Trump’s hair.

Magnificent.

1 Like

I wouldn’t ask my hubby to carry my purse. On rare occasions, he will do this but he holds the bag away from him as if it has poison in it. I’m not much for the feminist movement. Surprisingly more women hold back other women because of their own ideas. If I had a dollar for everytime a woman friend or family member asked me why I don’t have dinner parties at home instead of running an electronics service manufacturing biz, or perhaps I could dress up and meet potential customers in a bar, or that I’m hurting my family by not being home in the US and baking cookies. My kids are 34 and 30, so I think the are quite capable of taking care of themselves… Many changes cannot be legislated but will happen over time if enough women be the equal part. Life’s not fair but it’s still quite good.

6 Likes