Women's and Men's Olympic Hockey 2010

I am hoping to find some pubs willing to broadcast some of these games. Any suggestions on how to make it happen are welcome. Also, anyone who in interested in joining me, do post.

Here are some dates (add a day for the time difference, I suppose. Maybe it could be pre-recorded?)
Pacific time:
Feb 17+1 women Can vs Sweden
Feb 18+1 women US vs Finland
Feb 20+1 Women’s classification
Feb 21+1 Men Can vs US (some other powerful men’s teams play this day, incl Czech, Swe, Fin)
Feb 22+1 Women playoffs
Feb 23, 24 and 26+1 Men’s playoffs
Feb 25+1 women’s medal games
Feb 26 and 27+1 Men’s medal games

For the women, it is much more enjoyable to watch more even teams, Can/US being the best competition, though I was heartened at the last few Olympics to see some other teams gaining strength. I know there was some effort being put into developing the sport in other countries to make the competition more even. I am eager to see how this has played out. Are Finland and Sweden still the ones to watch? Wonder if there will be any surprises with Russia (probably) and Switzerland? Sounds as though Slovakia and China still have a ways to go, but man! they get to play against amazing, amazing players. Imagine going up against Wickenheiser, St.Pierre, Potter, Ruggiero, Labonte …

I believe the Brass Monkey will be showing the games.

Excellent - thanks! Do you have any idea whether they’ll show the games live or (more likely) the next day, prerecorded (which I think they did the last olympics)? I suppose I could go to Taipei and see if the manager is in and ask, although I suspect there is a better way of finding out when they are showing games. Suggestions?
thanks again

There is, indeed!
Just look at their website.
The schedule is there.
brassmonkeytaipei.com/

Live AND prerecorded.
And they’re giving away 7 Team Canada jerseys.
7!

Most excellent - thanks.
I like that they are showing many games live AND later in the evening Taiwan time. Nice!
They are only showing one women’s game - the gold medal game - however, beggars can’t be choosers. I am kind of used to women’s sports being ignored, so I should be grateful I can see anything at all. I think that is the way I am expected to behave. :wink:

7! Wow! To win, you gotta be there for the men’s gold medal game (which I plan to), though I imagine the place will be packed that night. We’ll see who makes it to the finals - that might affect the numbers.

Here’s a live feed of the Canadian game now: channelsurfing.net/watch-winter-olympics-2.html
:thumbsup:

I’m enjoying the 2nd period right now. Canada has opened it up nicely, 3-0. So far.
Interesting that Luongo got the start in goal and not perennial starter Marty Brodeur. He’ll get the Switzerland game next though, apparently.

The USA won earlier today over Switzerland, 3-1.

Another power play for Canada. I almost feel sorry for Norway.

There you go, now 5-0 Canada.

I really don’t like hearing that bonehead “ole, ole, ole…” chant going on. That’s reserved for soccer, but unfortunately Habs fans do it too. This is not Montreal folks! Stop, just stop.

Yup, Norway got bent over.
Nothing wrong with going with Luongo on the home rink either.
I’m liking the look of this team. :thumbsup:

Really beautiful team plays. What was it the final point distribution? 15 players shared points for eight goals? A minor hockey coaches dream. This is how hockey should be played. Sweet game, though it would have been nice to hear the announcers talk more about team Norway, as I know little about them.

I watched part of the women’s game - Finland vs China. Finland is, as expected, smooth (after the first period, that is), but team China - wow - they have some fine players. And grit. Nice to watch a more even (well, less lopsided, anyway) game. Be nice to see the Russians come up with some of what team China has.

Thanks for that link, Josephus. You need IE to use it, of course. I used to have IE, but deleted it as I only use Safari and my little computer needed some space. Argh! Sigh.

At least the manager at the pub is a good guy, and the service great.
Next games at the Brass Monkey:
tonight 6 pm - taped Canada vs Norway men (same as this morning - worth watching, if you haven’t already)
Friday morning Feb 19 - live 8:30 am Can vs Sweden (and again, taped at 8pm)
Monday Feb 22 - live 8:30 am Canada/USA (and again, taped shown at 8pm)

Russians looking strong as well

Slovakian men beat Russia?? Now there’s a surprise - the gold is wide open, I think.
Hoping this won’t be a reenactment of last olympics for the men.

No wild cards in the women’s, at least:
cbc.ca/olympics/content/even … sults.html

Well, actually no. Slovakia beat them. Russia has to pick it up if they want to be a part of the latter stages.

The Canada-USA game on Monday morning (our time) is going to be a doosie. Can’t wait.

not hockey, but a glimpse into how highly regarded North Americans are in the Old World.
Well deserved, but still - ouch.
ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van … oly,220576

No spoilers till Monday after 8pm, please! :wink:

No spoilers till Monday after 8pm, please! :wink:[/quote]

Suggest you don’t read this thread Germany and Belarus on live now.

Anyone have a CTV feed?

This is MSNBC: channelsurfing.net/watch-winter-olympics-3.html
but I hate the pro-American bias on it.

[quote=“Josefus”]Anyone have a CTV feed?

This is MSNBC: channelsurfing.net/watch-winter-olympics-3.html
but I hate the pro-American bias on it.[/quote]
I’ve got Sopcast going, and a Canadian broadcast.

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/89923

Brodeur is playing like shit.

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“Josefus”]Anyone have a CTV feed? This is MSNBC: channelsurfing.net/watch-winter-olympics-3.html
but I hate the pro-American bias on it. [/quote]I’ve got Sopcast going, and a Canadian broadcast.

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/89923 Brodeur is playing like shit.[/quote]

Yep Brodeur not doing well in goal. The commentary sounds like Canadians on my service