How do I find the game?

Ok, I’ve got that open.
How do I find the game?[/quote]

Nevermind…found it.

Ok, I’ve got that open.
How do I find the game?[/quote]

Nevermind…found it.[/quote]

Wait…no I didn’t.
That first channel (3912) is offline, and the second (89923) is American.

Player of the game is Miller… 45 shots by the Canadians and only 3 let in…

Great effort :bravo:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Player of the game is Miller… 45 shots by the Canadians and only 3 let in…

Great effort :bravo:
[/quote]
Yup. He weathered a crazy frantic Canadian attack with 2-3 min to play in the 3rd.

I’ve had enough of Brodeur guarding our nets for the time being. Luongo next please!

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Brodeur will be back in nets next game.
One of his big strengths is that he always bounces back from a bad game.
Like the Hulk, the more he plays, the stronger he gets.

I highly doubt that. But we’ll see.

[quote=“Josefus”]Brodeur will be back in nets next game.
One of his big strengths is that he always bounces back from a bad game.
Like the Hulk, the more he plays, the stronger he gets.[/quote]

he’s old, time for fresh blood.

he had a bad game versus the Swiss, didn’t see a bounceback…

Blame Brodeur.
Well, you might be right.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Player of the game is Miller… 45 shots by the Canadians and only 3 let in…

Great effort :bravo:[/quote]

Actually, I’d credit Miller and the whole defensive squad on the US team. They played hard and kept Canada outside for the first two periods, so about 30 of those shots were pretty easy for a tender of Miller’s caliber. Definite credit to him in the last five minutes though…he stood on his head. Canada has to stay out of the box and be tougher in winning those races to the puck and coming out of the corners. The US played a solid and tough first period and set the tone early, caught Canada and Brodeur a bit flat footed right out of the gate. They’ll have to do much better if they want to make it to the gold medal game, imo.

I agree. The Canadians outshot the Americans, but it did appear that the Americans played tight more often than the Canadians did. Excellent defense on the American side.
Only three of the 5 goals were really Bordeur’s fault. I hate that they used that picture of him in the article that blames the game on him - it is right after he took a shot in the head.

…someone told me they use cctv5 for olympics coverage. Havent checked it out yet, but wiki says:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCTV-5
It appears I need to download another plug in…

I think the next women’s games are 4 am and 9 am Tues , Taiwan Time . Gold (women) Friday 7am Taiwan time

Well, he did make solid stops on the two breakaways in 20 seconds at the begining of the 2nd, but what did his squad do to thank him…they gave up 3 power plays one of which ended up in a goal. Still, two goals on six shots in the first is not Olympic goaltending, imo. I wish the rest of team Canada would have followed Rick Nash’s lead and take the body to the US, rather than playing them as they would a European squad; the US is to big and strong for that. Credit to them for a game well played.

And, oh yeah, Canada was BRUTAL on face offs… :fume: Anyhow, hopefully this was the one they had to get out of their system… :pray:

We’re not going to lose to Germany and will get to the quarters regardless. It probably doesn’t hurt to have the squad play another game and they can use it to tune things a bit more as they are obviously not playing well as a team so far. Needing a SO to beat the Swiss is further evidence of that notion, IMO. Problem is after that, we have to get by Russia to advance to the Semis, instead of playing a less imposing opponent like Slovakia, or maybe Finland. The USA did it right, finish 1st overall after the prelims and get to play the worst of the advancing teams in the next round, which will likely be Switzerland.

CNN is reporting that Team Canada has stated that Luongo is getting the start against Germany.

Yep, it’s official: sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancou … &type=lgns

[quote=“kage”]I agree. The Canadians outshot the Americans, but it did appear that the Americans played tight more often than the Canadians did. Excellent defense on the American side.
Only three of the 5 goals were really Bordeur’s fault. I hate that they used that picture of him in the article that blames the game on him - it is right after he took a shot in the head.

…someone told me they use cctv5 for olympics coverage. Havent checked it out yet, but wiki says:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCTV-5
It appears I need to download another plug in…

I think the next women’s games are 4 am and 9 am Tues , Taiwan Time . Gold (women) Friday 7am Taiwan time[/quote]

Sure CCTV5 from CHina has it… in Chinese

We’re not going to lose to Germany and will get to the quarters regardless. It probably doesn’t hurt to have the squad play another game and they can use it to tune things a bit more as they are obviously not playing well as a team so far. Needing a SO to beat the Swiss is further evidence of that notion, IMO. Problem is after that, we have to get by Russia to advance to the Semis, instead of playing a less imposing opponent like Slovakia, or maybe Finland. The USA did it right, finish 1st overall after the prelims and get to play the worst of the advancing teams in the next round, which will likely be Switzerland.[/quote]

Yes we heard this last Olympics that the Canadian Mens team will take the gold medal for sure… and look what happened. Too many variables and Canada has to be perfect and hope other games help them as well.

Luongo in net for the game against Germany is one thing, but the bigger story is going forward…who will be in net for Canada when we play the Russians in the quarters, and onward, if there is an onward. :ponder: