Women's Forum - Are private forums necessary?

No … they aren’t talking about your dick size. They aren’t talking about you at all. And to the naysayers, if you don’t get that it’s neither about you, nor that it doesn’t take anything away from you, then there’s not much I can say. lf you don’t get it, I’m certainly not going to be able to change your mind.

Well that’s even worse. Men should be talked about all the time. We’re that important.

Oh come ON! If there wasn’t a women’s forum I’d just get tired and swollen-headed reading the constant ooh-ing and ahh-ing over my utter loveliness. I couldn’t stomach that, thank you very much.

But all the guys say that about you too, sandman.

You knew that?? All this time I thought, you were completely unaware of your loveliness.

Ew. There’s definitely nothing about sandman’s tired swollen head.

:astonished: That sounds dirty to me…

Like it or not, life isn’t easy for a large number of expats in Asia regardless of gender. Why tribalize it? Are women that delicate and dainty that they need the special and private treatment? Perhaps, I am the ‘real feminist’ here by thinking ‘no.’ Giving them their own private forum to discuss such issues is like making them wear a burkha when they go to the hairdressers as far as I’m concerned. Being protected from the big bad world, eh? :laughing:

Like it or not, life isn’t easy for a large number of expats in Asia regardless of gender. Why tribalize it? Are women that delicate and dainty that they need the special and private treatment? Perhaps, I am the ‘real feminist’ here by thinking ‘no.’ Giving them their own private forum to discuss such issues is like making them wear a burkha when they go to the hairdressers as far as I’m concerned. Being protected from the big bad world, eh? :laughing:[/quote]

Do you really want us asking questions like where to buy tampons in the main forum? Cause I will start purposely making things as awkward as possible for amusment. :popcorn:

So, Chewy, single sex education. It seems that you’re against it.

I’m glad to hear that. I also support closing down all those elitist, single sex private schools.

Bloody hell, tomthorne, I don’t. Can you imagine how crap it would be to … oh. Well, imagine.

Chewy, not sure what you are arguing with, as the Women’s Forum already exists. As I’m sure you’ll agree, the day I’ll need ‘protection’ from the likes of you lot will never dawn.

It’s merely a space.If women want to use it, they can, if not they can post on the main forum. Trust me, you really don’t want to read some of tash’s threads. :laughing: It’s there for chat or for info, or whatever. Or, y’know, do what most women do naturally - sort out their own problems without bloody googling it to death first. :laughing:

I demand a Dutch forum … :bluemad: so that I can bitch about people i can’t stand … in Dutch :pray:

Maybe you should start with a thread. We (non-Dutch readers/bitchers) promise not to look unless there are lots of posts (more than three) or photos.

What’s wrong with the Dutch anyway? You can PM me if you’re worried about catch-22 and Buttercup being offended.

I say let the girls have their little hen party. We’ve got Tommy to balance things out. :smiley:

you can bitch in dutch on the main forum, no one will understand.

you can bitch in dutch on the main forum, no one will understand.[/quote]

Or in English, and no one will care.

Guys, it is a matter of interests. If you wanna hang out with the girls, remember the times you are standing like a flamingo in a department store…

On one leg, being vigilant for shrimp?

something to do with holding the shopping bags for the dear missus, i think, and keeping yer mouth shut other than saying “No, it looks fine dear, no reason why it can’t hang next to the four identical skirts you have”.

Reason #12 for why I like the Women’s Forum: no jokes painting all women with a stereotypical brush.

Forumosa is a space which is open to anyone who wants to read it to do so - expats in Taiwan, people interested in coming to Taiwan, people who were born in Taiwan, people who happened to google a particular word and this site came up. The Women’s Forum, however, is much more personal as we have get-togethers (and no, they are not drinkfests at local pubs like the Happy Hours, no offense) and often know each other in real life.

I could see it being a separate site in itself with a link from forumosa if it really bothers the guys that much, but on more than one occasion I’ve needed help or a chance to express something that I would not want to put on a forum as public as the ones on the main part of the site, but needed an audience of people who were also in Taiwan and could help give me relevant information.

Short of smurfing, there is no easy way to deal with the very real issues that women face and need to have dealt with in a way more conducive to the way women communicate.

Chewy is right - yes, women are now a majority in the world, by numbers - but wrong in forgetting that the climate in the world and on this website is clearly one where men have the majority voice.

Thus the need for the Women’s Forum.

I demand a pervert forum! Give us a minority a break!