Wonderful experience at the Da An tax office

I went to the national tax office Da An branch this afternoon to apply for a paid tax certificate. I had called their information line before going and been assured that they could handle taxes for foreign residents at that branch.

When I got there one of the office ladies, a Miss Li, said this wasn’t so and that I’d have to go to the “foreigner tax office” instead, and gave me the address. It was around an hour one-way by bus.

When I told her politely that I’d been told over the phone that her office could indeed get me a tax certificate, and that it had taken me an hour to get here, she got very apologetic and asked to see my paperwork.

For the next 15 minutes she made calls to various government offices in Taipei trying to get me my paperwork. Eventually she got the number of the tax office for the last town I worked in…ordered the papers for me…and had them sent to her office! She says she’ll call me when they come in!

Great folks over there. I hope they send a consultant to the Foreign Affairs Police Office…

What like: -
Tell you she can’t do it
Backtrack when she loses face
When she finds out she really can’t pretending they’ll have them sent to her

Hmm, I think the FAP have that one down already, no?

[quote]
What like: -
Tell you she can’t do it
Backtrack when she loses face
When she finds out she really can’t pretending they’ll have them sent to her

Hmm, I think the FAP have that one down already, no? [/quote]

It was her coworker who screwed up, no face was at stake. I think she was just being a decent human being. I’m sure of it. If she doesn’t have my papers by tuesday I’ll buy you a steak dinner.

Wow, I’ve had people killed for less…what did she look like?

[quote]
Wow, I’ve had people killed for less…what did she look like? [/quote]

Pretty good looking for 40. :slight_smile:

Want me to introduce you?

He he, only so I can kill her and then cash in on the free dinner!

Oh now I get it. Weirdo.