Wonderful things that are probably gone forever

Marvel and DC comics that cost 25 to 75 cents that had over twenty pages of art and a story with only two to three adds in them which were usually on the back and front of the cover, plus a middle section that made space for an add.

The mom and pop hamburger stand that sold real milkshakes, home cut fries with fresh gravy, hot dogs the size of your head and a cheeseburger loaded with everything all for under 3.50$,

Arcade games that cost a quarter and gave you a chance to play the game beyond five minutes.

Paperback novels that cost about four to five bucks at the most.

Records and tapes even cd’s that were under 10$ for a full album.

Shell toe Adidas’s, suede Puma’s and Filas that cost twenty to thirty five dollars for a pair and lasted you a year skateboarding in them!

T-Shirts of sports teams, bands and skateboarding Tees that were usually 9.95$.

Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, football and comic cards sold for no more then two dollars with a minamum of 15 cards per pack.

The tire on a rope attached to the tree that you could jump, grab, swing and fly into the lake with. Which got taken down after the land was bought and became private property.

A carton of chocolate milk that cost 75 cents.

Being able to go to the local store, pick up a bag of chips, a can of soda and a choice of two different chocolate bard all for a dollar.

Newly released films in the theater costing four bucks to catch in the afternoon or sunday evening.

A play set filled with army men, or cowboys and indians loaded to the brim that lasted you forever all for 50 cents.

Savage Sword of Conan and Conan the Barbarian magazines for 75 cents filled with the most brutal, honest, beautiful art with compelling stories that made you beg for more when you were done.

Mad and Cracked magazine when they were still ‘cheap’

Bazooka joe gum that had little comics which cost 5 cents and the flavor lasted beyond an hour after chewing.

I could keep going, but I’m going to stop. Where did that time go?
Peace

That cool secondhand book store that sold records and cassettes(many obscure) next-door to the space invaders parlour with the sign that read ‘Family Entertainment’. (I never saw any families there). The guy always played cool records and almost always had his nose in a book. I heard amazing stuff like ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ in my trips into his store.

Guest stars on The Muppet Show. Bazil Brush and The Wombles also seemed to have joined the ranks of obscurity.

Do Parking Meters still make that buzzing sound if you stick a matchstick(not me) in them? If not, that’s gone. If you were in my group of friends who saw King Kong at a movie theater with both a video games parlour and an ice cream parlour adjoined, as a birthday treat that buzzing noise would have been more important than the movie. Half-time aka Intermission at the movies seems to have vanished into the depths of time and space.

Those cool Hot Rod cards/Stickers that came with Bubblegum. That putty stuff that you could put it on a comic and see the image and then roll the putty so you could bounce it as a ball.

My Spiderman and Batman T-shirts worn with very little familiarization of the characters.

Yamaha RX125s, although that could be living in Taiwan has made them disappear just like it has made maybe owning a Vespa unappealing for me. I wouldn’t mind owning a Vino when I do go back home though.

Ah, man. The guest stars on the Muppet Show. Julie Andrews, Ruth Buzzi, Elton John, Candice Bergen, John Cleese, Harry Belafonte, and the great (and late) Dudley Moore.

Of all the times I got into trouble as a kid, the only punishment that sticks out in my mind was the time my mother made me go to bed before the Muppet Show came on when I was in the 1st grade. I might have gotten spanked and denied dessert after dinner, but missing the Muppet Show that night is the only part of the punishment that has stuck with me for over 20 years. That’s how much of an impression The Muppet Show had on me. :smiling_imp:

The Shaw Brothers.

i loved those little buckets of cowboys and indians! oh yeah, and comic book stores!!