Won't stop barking

So, I’m staying with my in-laws, and they have this dog who won’t stop barking anytime someone rings the bell, or approaches the door, or arrives at home, or gets out of home… It’s really really annoying.

I think the dog wants to go for a walk more often, or she’s just demanding more attention, but i don’t know how to correct her behaviour. My in-laws give her a treat so she stops barking, and I believe that is the last they should do.

I think their dog is obviously untrained, and I know for sure she has bitten my father-in-law’s hand at least twice because she didn’t want to be left behind at home when the family was heading out. (she also tried to bit me twice, but thank god for my reflexes…)

Any suggestions?

The problem is related with anxiety… most likely the dog is not going for regular walks to release the stress and anxiety that builds during the day… also he knows that if he makes now then now he gets a treat… so your in laws are enforcing that behavior and letting the dog understand its a good thing to bark all the time…
the solution would be to walk the dog more often or for more than 5 minutes every time… and start to ignore him when barking so he understands that the behavior is not acceptable and he wont get attention…
that is just my opinion. but for more i would suggest to watch the dog whisperer…

cesarsway.com/tips/problembe … ce-barking

the guru of dog trainers…

in one episode on Nat Geo two dogs got into a vicious fight AFTER receiving his training, not sure what that was all about… didn’t make the trainer look that good and I don’t know why they did keep that scene in… he’s human after all, I guess

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tL4unSRMKs

A bit graphic with dogs biting each other.

And his final solution was changing dogs, that surprised me.

in one episode on Nat Geo two dogs got into a vicious fight AFTER receiving his training, not sure what that was all about… didn’t make the trainer look that good and I don’t know why they did keep that scene in… he’s human after all, I guess

And his final solution was changing dogs, that surprised me.[/quote]

well i suppose not all dogs are good for each other… if 2 dogs are very dominant it will just lead to problems… sometimes is better to split them… it works the same in the wild, when you have 2 leaders on a pack one leaves to find its place in a new pack… not necessarily the top place but a place without equal at least…

And his final solution was changing dogs, that surprised me.[/quote]

well i suppose not all dogs are good for each other… if 2 dogs are very dominant it will just lead to problems… sometimes is better to split them… it works the same in the wild, when you have 2 leaders on a pack one leaves to find its place in a new pack… not necessarily the top place but a place without equal at least…[/quote]

also sometimes the owner is not capable to keep the leader roll in the pack and then the dogs will fight for it…
one more thing to take into consideration, he is showing all cases, the good and the bad… sometimes you learn about the bad too so that you can avoid it…

anyways the guy is a Master in what he does…

I think dogs are like people, just because they are dogs it does not mean that they will get along just because they are both dogs, like we people do not necessarily get along just because we’re both women, or both Latinos, or both foreigners in Taiwan. :wink:

I don’t need an alarm clock anymore, yay! Every morning at 7 am a dog on a balcony across the lane from my building starts barking like he/she is a pig on the way to the slaughterhouse. I used to get really annoyed by darking bogs, but now I use it to test how much I can be unfazed by outside influences. O~m, Om, :bow: While I can deal with it, regarding noise as just being part of living in the city, I still don’t get how dog owners can bear listening to their dog barking continually for hours. And it’s not like they are not at home not knowing their dog is barking.

I think it would be fair if you put this on,when leaving your House,every day…obviously not the full 12 Hours…8 should be enough, to remind your Neighbours, that a constantly barking Dog is irritating. Most times it is ignorant owners and an unhappy Dog because of it…so make a point :slight_smile:

Taiwanese have a built-in gene that renders dog barking inaudible to them.

Its the only explanation for how they can sit at home and allow their dogs to bark non-stop.

Far and away the single worst aspect of life in Taiwan in my opinion. :2cents:

Fixed. Seriously, how else can the “music” at Wellcome, Carrefour, or Cosmed be explained?!

Fixed. Seriously, how else can the “music” at Wellcome, Carrefour, or Cosmed be explained?![/quote]
I have to say, I am starting to believe that may be true. We have an elder Gentleman,who walks past every day at 5.50am,talking so loudly(almost shouting) ,that it wakes us. There seems to be a total lack of consideration,when it comes to noise. People are as loud at 2 am in a quiet street. :raspberry:

Fixed. Seriously, how else can the “music” at Wellcome, Carrefour, or Cosmed be explained?![/quote]

Oh god, don’t get me started. And then you get the Groundhog day effect of returning to a store a week later…and the same “music” is still looping.

I’ve sat in cafes with two songs looped for an hour. I’d take water boarding any day of the week over that.