Won't stop marking

Hello guys

Poor recently found doggie can’t stop marking. I understand he’s been under a lot of stress, he’s been checked -supposedly all right health wise- so I wonder if he’s reacting to something in the environment. he’s staying with a friend that has a female dog, but the dog is neutered. Not a biggie but for the sake of her furniture I hope the marking will diminish soon.

Moreover, and this is the kind of stupid questions I do not dare to Google/ask the vet, his balls seem a bit odd. It is like a well worn chewing gum wad. I mean, the “load” is hanging by a very thin thread, if you know what I mean -I ain’t posting pictures! We were wondering if maybe he was used as a “stud”. He’s a couple of jumps away from not needing surgery to get spayed. He’s gonna lose those things somewhere. I’ve never seen this before -well, maybe once or twice- and I was wondering if that is normal and if it is related to the marking.

Icon, are the testicles about to drop because the scrotum is super thin and about to break or is it more like dry grangrene at the base of the scrotum?

My dog back home suffered from the former ailment and it took an antiobiotic cream applied thrice daily for almost 6 months to solve the issue.

Also, could you just castrate him and spare him the suffering of literally sropping his testes somewhere?

Yes, the scrotum is supper thin. The skin looks healthy, though. Aside from the indignity I was wondering that too, that it could be dangerous if he gets his jewels stuck somewhere.

Can’t castrate him yet. If it was up to me, he’d be shaved and castrated already but if the owners show up they may not like it.

Icon,it could be worse.These Dogs need to be more considerate,after all you have done…he he. Hope it works out ok.

[quote=“Novaspes”]Icon, are the testicles about to drop because the scrotum is super thin and about to break or is it more like dry grangrene at the base of the scrotum?

My dog back home suffered from the former ailment and it took an antiobiotic cream applied thrice daily for almost 6 months to solve the issue.

Also, could you just castrate him and spare him the suffering of literally sropping his testes somewhere?[/quote]

OK, one more time -I already had my coffee- so the thinness of the scrotum, is it normal or not? Should I bring it up to the vet without risking losing more face/have her roll on the floor with uncontrollable laughter?

DP

[quote=“shiadoa”]Icon,it could be worse.These Dogs need to be more considerate,after all you have done…he he. Hope it works out ok.
[/quote]

Here he is, walking with a new friend:

Well, apparently, once he made sure he had sprayed every corner of my fiend’s place, he stopped. Cold. He still marks a lot outside -he still has his manhood intact- but I guess without the testicles he’s going to feel much better and stop doing that so often.

He’s a terrier :slight_smile: they tend to have more testosterone than brains :slight_smile: (saying as a terrier owner)

Rather like most Men,I fear. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh, finally asked the vet about the hanging low fruit. She says it is because of the heat, and that if he spends time in cooler place it is better. Will tell my friend to crank up the AC and the dog is scheduled for beauty parlor tonight.

She did say if I was worried I should pat the testicles, see if they are both the same size, any irregularities, etc. If one is bigger than the other then it signals trouble and if so, he goes back to the vet. Ah, the things we have to do… for love…