Won't travel to China

The McCartney family (Paul, Linda, Stella) said they would never travel to China because of the humanitarian crimes and animal abuse (endangered and domestic) that goes on in that country.

I agree. Would never spend one dollar from my pocket in that dirty country.

www.animalsasia.org

The real reason is he’s still mad at Yoko.
I don’t blame him.
But someone should tell him she’s not Chinese!

[quote=“Josefus”]The real reason is he’s still mad at Yoko.
I don’t blame him.
But someone should tell him she’s not Chinese![/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HG

Must be hard to buy things that are not made in China.

[quote=“Sherryx”]The McCartney family (Paul, Linda, Stella) said they would never travel to China because of the humanitarian crimes and animal abuse (endangered and domestic) that goes on in that country.

www.animalsasia.org[/quote]

If you have a computer you’ve already contributed.

But China is the workers’ and animals paradise of all the world?

Which reminds me, having dinner with a Taiwanese friend the other night who described her hilarious first encounter with a mainland Chinese. Both were students in the UK and this was more than ten years ago. Apparently they both scowled at each other and asked at the same time, “How did you afford to get here?” Of course both had grown up believing the other had been forced to eat dirt to ward off hunger because of the outrageous poverty.

They spent the next year dispelling all the myths.

HG

[quote=“Sherryx”]The McCartney family (Paul, Linda, Stella) said they would never travel to China because of the humanitarian crimes and animal abuse (endangered and domestic) that goes on in that country.

www.animalsasia.org[/quote]

i dont really get this attitude…i was in burma earlier this year which for similar reasons is off the backpackers map for the time being. however all the local people i talked to were of the opinion this kind of boycott is self-defeating…you can do more good by visiting the country and supporting the local people…the government themselves dont give a fuck about what foreigners think…its a one party system after all…

No, what attitute I don’t get is Westerners travelling to Korea or Guangzhou to eat dog or cat meat just so that they can go back home and tell their friends, “Hey I ate dog meat.” And then be totally oblivious of how they got that meat on their plate.

animalliberationfront.com/Ne … gmeat.html

[quote=“Sherryx”]No, what attitute I don’t get is Westerners travelling to Korea or Guangzhou to eat dog or cat meat just so that they can go back home and tell their friends, “Hey I ate dog meat.” And then be totally oblivious of how they got that meat on their plate.

animalliberationfront.com/Ne … gmeat.html[/quote]

But their friends at home are totally oblivious as to how beef and lamb etc gets onto their own plates. Not that I would defend this sort of bizarre tourist activity or the eating of dogs or cats.

[quote=“Sherryx”]No, what attitute I don’t get is Westerners travelling to Korea or Guangzhou to eat dog or cat meat just so that they can go back home and tell their friends, “Hey I ate dog meat.” And then be totally oblivious of how they got that meat on their plate.

animalliberationfront.com/Ne … gmeat.html[/quote]
Not me. I go to Banchiao for mine.

Cows don’t get beaten with hammers or cooked alive or torched to death.

[quote=“Sherryx”]Cows don’t get beaten with hammers[/quote]You sure about that?

Oh yes. They get a desensitising electric shock then a quick brain-destroying bolt in the head. Then they get put in a big machine which turns them into burgers (on the left) and sensible shoes (on the right).

[quote=“Lord Lucan”][They get a desensitising electric shock then a quick brain-destroying bolt in the head. Then they get put in a big machine which turns them into burgers (on the left) and sensible shoes (on the right).[/quote]That’s the theory anyway. Like that theory about how chickens are processed, and then the KFC reality… Not that I want to start into another meat-is-murder kind of rant but there are some sick bastards in the industry. Everywhere. Cruelty to animals is not the sole preserve of the Chinese. They just aren’t shy about it.