Won't you miss your kid to death?

People, even little kids, don’t generally like to be needed.

It is, however, very nice to be wanted.

No.

My son who is 15 in March has taken off the America for a vacation a few days ago.

He calls me from L.A. to let me know he’s arrived safely. :smiley: :smiley:

But he’ll call me again after he’s at the airport to return to Taiwan. I hope picks up some goodies for me whilst he’s doing his tour of computer games shops.

Probably he’ll turn up with the hottest Video Graphics card and give me his measley one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kids… they have a life of their own and we sometimes forget that. One of my good friends who I have known for 15 years is his private math tutor. They get along great which is a good thing.

The other night I was playing BF2 and some of my son’s frinds ask my why they havent seen him online. He hadn’t told them he was off to the USA for a vacation… :blush: :blush:

I met Ironman’s “I’m bored” “I’m bored, etc” 18 y.o. yesterday at Carnage. A simply gorgeous young woman who was completely nice as soon as she was paid attention to (not by me, I hasten to add, but by my wife – I was the very model of decorum, which was truly saying something, as I had Tpebob to show the true meaning of decorum).

What was 914 saying recently about the good-looking genes skipping a generation? Ironman and his daughters are a case in point. :laughing: :wink:

Have you ever read the book “Love You Forever” by Robert (?) Munsch? Touching, but just a bit freaky. You should get yourself a copy!

My nephew is a freshman in college this year. Although he looked at schools all over the country, he ended up choosing one just an hour and a half from his parents’ house. I was surprised to learn that my sister in law cried every day for a while after he moved out.

I know what you mean. Kids are great and every day has new surprises and delights. I’m going to really miss my girl when my wife and I go to Beijing for a few days at end of the month and leave her behind with the nanny.

Actually, what will be hardest is knowing that she will likely cry a lot because she misses us. After we returned from our last vacation with her (during which we were with her all day every day) and started leaving her with the nanny in the daytime again, she cried for the first few days. :frowning:

I suggest email and phonecalls and his weekend trips back home to do his laundry. There was a girl in my college who was very pretty and bright. In fact she was so attractive that I didn’t know how to speak with her, though I had a couple of friends who were close with her. One day she killed herself. It was shocking. She seemed to have so much going for her. We learned then that her mom had followed her to college, got a place nearby to be close to her, and was apparently driving her nuts. A time comes when a kid needs his/her own space.

I am in Europe, my kids are in Taipei…for my work I am away two motnhs or more at a time…I miss them soooooooo much! :cry:

I am seriously considering quitting my job and becoming a pauper again, jsut to be with them.

Chou :cry:

[quote=“chodofu”]I am in Europe, my kids are in Taipei…for my work I am away two motnhs or more at a time…I miss them soooooooo much! :cry:

I am seriously considering quitting my job and becoming a pauper again, jsut to be with them.

Chou :cry:[/quote]

That sucks.

Where in Europe? :smiling_imp:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“chodofu”]I am in Europe, my kids are in Taipei…for my work I am away two motnhs or more at a time…I miss them soooooooo much! :cry:

Chou :cry:[/quote]

That sucks.

Where in Europe? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

In a pub…read underneath my avatar. Home on the 15th and will miss the happy hour…was hoping to attend again after a year plus of avoiding them. Ah well…

I love that book!!!

Okay, so maybe it is a little freaky but just a little. I’ve cried every time I’ve read it because I can really identify with the mom who one moment wants to sell her kid to a zoo, and the next, wishes she could just cradle him forever.

I think kids appreciate this fantasy too. I know my kids have really enjoyed the book. My eldest is a freshman in high school but once in a while he’ll still send me the rhyme from that book in an email or note.

Love you forever,
like you for always,
As long as I’m living,
my mommy you’ll be.