Wordpress Gutenberg, Anyone Here Using It?

Wordpress released Gutenberg, the new editor, this month. Lot of people hate it, some like it, I have mixed feelings so far.

Anyone here who has made the switch and want to share his/her experience?

I tried the plugin twice over the last few months, hated it, returned to the classic editor.

Now, I am trying to deal with it. I think there is potential and hopefully all the problems will be solved one by one over the next few months.

I hate it because I hate everything new. I’ll probably be ok when I learn to use it. It looks like it does a lot that some premium themes and plug-ins did.

Ironically, now there are new plugins being developed that provide additional blocks you can just add to the standard Gutenberg blocks for more options. I have installed a few and will try them out, kind of unchartered territory. One plugin immediately gave me a firewall warning of some kind. I use way too many plugins already… :slight_smile:

Mixed results. Some sites work with it well, others just don’t. So where it works, I leave it turned on. If it doesn’t work well, I don’t waste time figuring out the plugin that is causing it, I just turn it off. I often need the plugins way more than Gutenberg in those situations.

1 Like

Same here, I think if you need to post something quickly, it’s better to do it the old way. For other posts I use the new editor and play around with the new options (I installed a bunch of additional block plugins; mostly useless, but I like the potential, and it’s just a matter of time until developers come up with super-cool additions). Also I like to see how the editor improves with every new update. The last update for example solved the problem where text you copied from Word had a lot of missing spaces. There are a ton of more issues to solve, but it’s only going to get better.