Words that make you cringe

We all know that old Tom is something of a weirdy beardy kinda guy. But did you know that some words, and even expressions really make his skin crawl? Here are a few, from the top of my head…

1. Radical.
  2. Heinous.
  3. … gets on my tits…
  4. The word debut, when it is pronounced Day-boo.
  5. Winningest.
  6. Basically.
  7. I turned around and I said to him, I said…

Are you as odd as Tom? Do some words make your skin crawl too? Do share, before we get temped. :sunglasses:

Um, “pubic lice”?

I don’t want to sound heinous but basically I think you are too radical.

bobepine

Um, “pubic lice”?[/quote]

Nah. Pubic is a fine word. I like the PEW sound.

[quote=“bobepine”]I don’t want to sound heinous but basically I think you are too radical.

bobepine[/quote]

Ugh, I need multiple showers after reading that one. To the sanitorium I go! :help:

orientate

Although, I’ve been told that its use is actually valid. It reminds me of my High School’s football coach, a classic neandertal, who seemingly couldn’t say “Orient yourself directly across from the offensive line.”

“bling bling”

What kind of a stupid ^&& ^&%R$^%$#%^ came up with that?

Anyways…why bother adding the s?

Depends if it’s interactive. I tolerate pretty much anything when I’m talking with somebody.

Short answer. No. Except…basically.

If it is said bahhsically instead of baysically then the speaker is considered quite odd until proven otherwise.

Irregardless. I could care less. Win-win.
And the most cringeworthy? “Open wide. Now, you might feel a slight twinge. Try not to move your head.”

[quote=“sandman”]Irregardless. I could care less. Win-win.
And the most cringeworthy? “Open wide. Now, you might feel a slight twinge. Try not to move your head.”[/quote]

How about, “I’m going to insert this q-tip into your urethra. I’ve been told it hurts. Please don’t move.”

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“sandman”]Irregardless. I could care less. Win-win.
And the most cringeworthy? “Open wide. Now, you might feel a slight twinge. Try not to move your head.”[/quote]

How about, “I’m going to insert this q-tip into your urethra. I’ve been told it hurts. Please don’t move.”[/quote]
JD, why can’t you just be satisfied with a good sound paddling with a table tennis bat?
Honestly, you and your dominatrix sessions… :unamused:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“sandman”]Irregardless. I could care less. Win-win.

How about, “I’m going to insert this q-tip into your urethra. I’ve been told it hurts. Please don’t move.”[/quote]
JD, why can’t you just be satisfied with a good sound paddling with a table tennis bat?
Honestly, you and your dominatrix sessions… :unamused:[/quote]

Well, I HAVE given up on the rubberband snapping. :astonished:

And the thread digresses into a private conversation.

methodology (instead of method)

impacted by (instead of affected by)

episiotomy

castrate

neocon
:astonished:

“LCD Display”
“PIN Number”

Man, I feel already disgusted with myself by actually writting these in a public accessable forum.

Where is the BAAAHH PFFFFUUUUIII emoticon.

[quote=“ratlung”]“LCD Display”
“PIN Number”

Man, I feel already disgusted with myself by actually writting these in a public accessable forum.

Where is the BAAAHH PFFFFUUUUIII emoticon.[/quote]

ATM Machine is one that gets to me.

“Acronym” when it’s not an acronym.

Anything said by any hip-hop artist.

[quote=“Matchstick_man”][quote=“ratlung”]“LCD Display”
“PIN Number”

Where is the BAAAHH PFFFFUUUUIII emoticon.[/quote]

ATM Machine is one that gets to me.[/quote]

Never really new what it stood for, but after checking wikipedia, I added this to my list. In my defense, I never said “ATM ma…”, I guess that just comes naturally.