Words that make you cringe

“quorum”… ughhhh.

“Quality” as in “That film was quality.”

“Seminal” … Yuk.

“Watershed.” What the hell has “watershed” got to do with the recommneded TV viewing times for adults?

'Factoid." What is it? A fact in the shape of a cuboid?

“Diversity.” Especially when coupled with “ethnic” or “sexual” on an application form.

“Slacks.” They’re either pants or trousers.

“Felon.” It’s criminal or whitlow, Goddammit.

“Goddammit”

“frappaccino.” A coffee will do. It’s just a sales pitch for stupid people and yuppies.

“reinvent.” The most contradictory word ever. You can’t reinvent something that’s already been invented or which already exists. Stupid.

“Mea culpa.” OK. I’ve overstepped the mark with this one. I’m going to prepare a bucket of soapy water so I can scrub down my keyboard.

[quote=“Tigerman”]Phenomenal / phenomenon

Don’t like those words.[/quote]

The Steelers were phenomenal in this year’s Super Bowl. They have won a phenomenal 5 Super Bowls now.

"Like I saw this like guy and he like saw me too and like we both just like laughed.

It was like so funny."

No asshle, it was funny. Period.

How about the immortal words of Paris Hilton:

“That’s HOT!”

:taz:

He’s got game
at this point in time
bottom line
faith-based
frickin’ or freakin’ (Say “fucking” or say nothing. You’re not fooling anyone.)
solutioning
transitioning
actioning
gifting
zero tolerance
Know what I’m sayin’? (pronounced “nome sane?”)

[quote]Like I saw this like guy and he like saw me too and like we both just like laughed.

It was like so funny."

No asshle, it was funny. Period.[/quote]

JD, looks like you’re trying to use English English but the likes are like in all in the wrong places, like. . Let me help, like.

I saw this guy, like, and he like saw me too, and like, we both just like fuckin’ laughed like, cos like, it wans’n ‘im, like. Fuck me! Laugh? Well. it was eiver veah? Or fuckin cry, like. Wot you lookin at ya fuckin git! Fark orf ya bleedin’ can’t!

HG

“my bad”

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote]Like I saw this like guy and he like saw me too and like we both just like laughed.

It was like so funny."

JD, looks like you’re trying to use English English but the likes are like in all in the wrong places, like. . Let me help, like.

I saw this guy, like, and he like saw me too, and like, we both just like fuckin’ laughed like, cos like, it wans’n ‘im, like. Fuck me! Laugh? Well. it was eiver veah? Or fuckin cry, like. Wot you lookin at ya fuckin git! Fark orf ya bleedin’ can’t!

HG[/quote]

Yeah…but no…but yeah. :wink:

[quote=“jdsmith”]like

"Like I saw this like guy and he like saw me too and like we both just like laughed.

It was like so funny."

My physics teacher said you could only use “like” in three contexts … ice-cream, corvettes, and physics of course! (he’s a bit of a nut) :laughing:

I cringe whenever I hear someone yell “Allahu akbar!” when I’m in an airplane.

But you forgot “core values.”

GST

web 2.0

taiwan go go go

my bad

halla good

TPS reports
scandalize/scandalous
recidivism
judicial activism
don’t hate fool
arguably
colloquial

“Taiwan touch your heart”

minority

nega nega nega(chinese for umm umm umm)

EZ as in EZ card. WTF is an ee-zed card ?

[quote=“ratlung”]“LCD Display”
“PIN Number”[/quote]
I understand the problem with them, but I understand why, too.

A: Write down your PIN.
B: I left mine in my pencil case. Can I borrow yours?
A: No, the secret number.

A: Look on the LCD and find the…
B: The what?
A: The display.
B: Which display?
A: The one made of liquid crystal.

After the 5th time or so, they just say “PIN number” and “LCD display” to save time with morons.

GEPT Test

Yeah, those two words really suck.