Words you have never spoken

“I’ve drank enough beer,
I really don’t need a blow job
and I’m tired of riding motorcycles.”

“buddy” Just sounds too girlie for a real man to say.

brouhaha

punctilious

salacious

Great words, I just can’t get them out of my mouth. And that last one was overused and discarded by the media during the Clinton years.

“We refer to your letter of [X date].” :fume:

What a stupid way to open a letter and, yet, it appears to be the most popular of all openings used by Taiwanese businesspersons, popular even at the highest levels.

Often they’ll use it even when this letter has nothing whatsoever to do with the prior letter. “We refer to your letter of May 3,” simply because we wanted to put some words on the paper and didn’t know what else to say. What the hell is the point in that? Why refer to something totally irrelevant?

But even if this letter is in response to the prior letter, why not just say that: “This is in response to your letter of [x date]”? That would be a logical sentence. “We refer to your prior letter” is not. Will you English teachers please teach them that so future generations can stop this stupid habit.

Do they use that opening in other countries or just Taiwan? Who’s the idiot who started it?

pusillanimous.

verisimilitude.

“F**K”
I even can’t type it.

“No thanks, Bob. Really. I’m quite happy to buy my own.”

“I hate you! I don’t want to see you any more!”
(with action of throwing books, cups or DVDs at you)

“Cool beans”

“Yee-haw!”

“Could I get a beer, please?”

“That Bush guy is pretty cool.”

[quote]“No thanks, Bob. Really. I’m quite happy to buy my own.”
[/quote]

:slight_smile:

“I’ll have a Big Mac”

“Not tonight, dear.”

“it’s against my religion”

China nationalism is a positive force for the world and it’s proponents always argue so rationally.

There, I’ve said it.

HG

Actually, John Howard is a decent human being.

HG

To a Taiwan motorist: “Thank you.” And I probably never will.

Since I came to Taiwan I haven’t used the word ‘sensible.’

smeg

“God! I need a small-tittie woman!”

Thank you for signaling

Will you marry me?

gee whiz

oh my gosh

Now THAT’S a job well done!