Work in Taipei as a foreigner at a non-teaching job

OMG! Forget about backwater Taiwan…go to Hainan, China - the place is BOOMING!! Especially if you can speak Russian - tons of Russian tourists!

The problem is, again, that there are high qualification requirements, and you have to file at the TECO equivalent in your own country if I’m not mistaken.

HSK levels 1 to 3 won’t help you get a job in Taiwan because they’re too low to be of practical use for any job. It would, however, show an employer that you’re serious about going to Taiwan, so getting it wouldn’t be useless. That said, if you’re really serious about going to Taiwan, you’d be better off taking Taiwan’s TOCLF exam rather than the PRC’s HSK (which would be more useful anywhere else in the world).

Taiwan uses a points-based immigration system and values degrees very highly. You said you’re planning on getting a bachelor’s degree. I think you should get that degree and improve your Chinese before going to Taiwan. Your chances of getting a job in Taiwan without a degree are low.

Not if the OP is from one of the countries that recognize the ROC.

Going to be hard especially with those credentials, maybe come here and study Chinese first and then use that as a means to look for jobs and build connections into hopefully a suitable role.

I also see small chances to land a work visa with a Taiwanese company from overseas.

Get a language study visa. Get a feel for Taiwan, then you can see if want to stay and try to land a job.

Which she’s being mum about, but yeah, that would work. The government actually gives a big stipend to students.

From what she said so far many things point to Ukraine being her home country.

I am from the Baltics so my country unfortunately does not recognise ROC

what are the requirements for a scholarship as a foreigner at a TW university?

That’s pretty lazy…Google man.

1 Like

Fyi

https://www.studyintaiwan.org/search/sches?degree=0&field=0&subject=0&continent=2&country=38&school_name_en=

Depending on the type of marketing you could do what I do. Not the some job since I’m a system engineer, but try looking for remote based work.
I still work for the same company I did when I lived in Sydney, I get paid the same rate as I did there, which puts me about 4-5x over the average Taiwan salary, my boss set me up as a contractor who not only wo I get all the tax and super, they don’t have to pay tax on account of not being a full time employee.
You’re best bet may be to look for a marketing job there that can do remote work, I work from home, standard 8 hours a day, full salary and benefits (12 days sick leave, about a month manual, all paid).
Might be hard but I’m sure there is something out there, there always is.

Hi marija I am Shaik here I read u have some connection with people in government?

1 Like