Work in Taiwan with a Taiwan passport and resident certificate card?

Can i work in taiwan if i have a taiwan passport and resident certificate card, R.O.C

Yes. If you have a criminal record or are a fugitive, though, it may be slightly more difficult, but not impossible.

I applied a factory in taiwan but thay want me to apply a working permits but i have this, ALL-HANDS-Points-ARC-Header-Image

It is not a smart move to be showing all of your information to strangers on the internet.

I suggest you remove that picture of your ID card immediately.

1 Like

assuming you have a TARC, you need to apply for a work permit. it’s separate from the TARC. office is somewhere around ximending. anyone with a TARC is able to get that and it allows you to work anywhere.

It is not my photo, its is example i got in google

If your nationality is just taiwanese, you don’t need a work permit. If you also have other nationality, you need. Whether you can get an open work permit depends on how you got the TARC.

But it is not a ARC, its R.C only, some card had a ARC on the top of MULTIPLE Re-entry lik

This is the stock ARC/TARC photo.

Sorry. I’m not the sharpest tool in the box.

TARC doesn’t include a work permit too.

the open work permit is not for everyone with a TARC. just for people whose purpose of residency is AF353.

2 Likes

Any more information on that, and how to get that purpose of residency? is it only those that are direct family members with household registration?

Any idea if naturalizing foreigners who already have an open work permit and APRC would lose the permit on naturalizing? (I asked them that in the work permit office and the guy said yes I would lose the open work permit, but I was not convinced he knew exactly what he was talking about)

I think so.

Open work permit for AF353 is said in Article 51 of Employment Service Act.

If you switch from APRC to TARC, your already gotten open work permit continues to be valid?

Ah, I replied before you finished the post.

Naturalized TARC holders are supposed to renounce their original nationality, so no need of an open work permit?

1 Like

The open work permit quotes the foreign passport and ARC numbers, and both of those get cancelled…

Ah, ok that solves it, thanks!

How many employers are going to know about that part of the law, though? It will be easier to get a job if you can show an open work permit along with the TARC. Should be quite easy to get one if you are on a TARC, even if you don’t need one. And for some people, it might take a while to renounce nationality (you have up to a year) so an open work permit will come in handy.

only if your purpose of residency to get the TARC is AF353, iiuc.

I was wondering about the gap, however I doubt that anyone would actually question it. Also according to how the document that renounces your foreign citizenship was worded it could be grey as to when the foreign citizenship actually ends. (sorry for semi diverting from the original topic)

We love you anyway, Jimi. :heart:

Hint: when you see “12345678” in what’s supposed to be an official document, up your skepticism level. :wink:

There is one guy with ID A123456789
He doesn’t want to change it but has to go to court frequently as some criminals use his number for fraud. Just search news.

2 Likes