Work rights, help please

Can anyone help me. I was recruited from overseas to come and work in Tawan. Everything was agreed and it looked like I’d really be doing a job that suited me. Anything but teaching Kindergarten is my attitude, and as the ad said -15 years of age, then I didn’t expect to teach Kindies.

Now I’m here, and having signed a very vague contract which doen’t actually say what level I should teach on it, I’m now a kindy teacher, and have been for the past couple of weeks. There were also numerous other lies in the ad, all of which I wil not go into as the only one that really bothers me is the teaching kindies. At the moment I am working illegally and so far there hasn’t been any paper work submitted. If I finish the month and then take off with my money, is there anything the school can do,i.e. can they blacklist me? I would think that because I am currently working illegally then they won’t be able to do anything, but I only think, and if there’s anyone out there that knows, then I’d be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks in advance to any responses.

There are several threads regarding this subject. If you can’t find them, try tealit.

But yes, your employer can make your continued stay here harder, if he/she wishes to do so. Moreover, by teaching kindi, you are illegal, unless you have an OWP. Illegals can, and sometimes do, get deported.

If you are caught by the Police for working illegally, then yes they can kick you out of the country and blacklist you.

Can the school blacklist you, you ask? Since by working illegally, there are no formal records kept of your employment, this seems unlikely/impossible. However, if the school ownership has connections with the underworld, they might smash your bicycle.

No, No,
Illegal employees are not allowed to own bicycles! They must use motorscooters!