Work Visa for Mainland China after Taiwan

Nowadays I’m preparing to get a work visa for Mainland China. Have any of you forumosa folk had any difficulty getting a Chinese visa (in my case a work visa) because you had stayed for a significant period of time in Taiwan?

Not really sure where I should put this post, please move this to wherever you might think it needs to go to.

I’m going to move it to the visa section, because I think you’ll get more help there.

[quote=“Rabidpie”]Nowadays I’m preparing to get a work visa for Mainland China. Have any of you forumosa folk had any difficulty getting a Chinese visa (in my case a work visa) because you had stayed for a significant period of time in Taiwan?

Not really sure where I should put this post, please move this to wherever you might think it needs to go to.[/quote]

I am in Shanghai right now. I have many customers here in Shanghai who lived long term in Taiwan on ARC’s.

No issue for them to get the proper work permits in China.

None at all, after 8 years in Taiwan moved directly to China, no visa hassle.

Cool, thanks bismarck.

Great, Satellite TV and Supers54, that’s all I wanted to know. Now I need not be concerned when trying to get a work visa for China.

Thanks guys.

My pleasure. Seems to have worked, too. :thumbsup:
Good luck.

I may stand corrected but my understanding is as far as mainland china is concerned Taiwan is just another province of China, ie there is no reason why someone who have lived in China should not be able to get a visa to China

I don’t even need a visa to come to China. So sad

Why is that sad?

No. There is no impact.

Why is that sad?[/quote]

Cause they force me to stand in the PRC queue at immigration. When I came in the at Pudong Airport the other day ( direct flight from Songshan Airport in Taipei ) an American on the same flight just followed me to the PRC queue. :no-no:

The immigration staff removed him and told him to stand in the foreigners queue where he belonged. :aiyo:

They look at my documents and had a chuckle they were pretty polite. :ponder:

He was looking at me with the WTF :astonished: :astonished: look on his face. I had to say to him politely, please read the sign sir, PRC citizens in this queue here sir, foreigners over there in that queue sir. You know just like the one you have back in the USA for US Nationals. :doh:

He’s lookin at me like he aint never seen no white :bow: :bow: chinaman before.

Of course, back in the US people of different ethnic groups standing in the citizen line is nothing even worthy of notice.