Working before permit arrives

Yeah, think I was just thrown off by the terminology. If he had replaced ‘dual citizen’ with ‘ROC national’ then it’d make more sense to me. THink that’s what he meant though

Iirc an APRC holder does not have open work rights until the OWP is issued, because it’s Art. 51 not Art. 48 (foreign spouses).

Yeah…I believe you’re right…Although the NIA took away my APRC when they issued the TARC, my APRC rights simply got transferred to my TARC… My TARC also had my APRC number on it.

To sum it all up…A Naturalized National without Household Registration have open work rights on his/her TARC (as in my case) while a National without Household Registration (as in OPs case) has to apply for his/her work permit (無戶籍國民)…am I right?

1 Like

Yes. APRC holders who apply for naturalization most probably have their open work permits, and those who apply for naturalization as a spouse of a ROC citizen have work right. There might be a few foreigners who apply for naturalization directly after 5-year stay on their work-based ARCs without getting APRCs and open work permits.

Yeah, I was wondering about that…do these foreigners (on 5 year work ARCs) need to apply for the open work permit while on the 1-year TARCs or do their “closed” work rights (i.e work permit for a specific company) get transferred to their TARC as well??

Paging @hsinhai78! :slight_smile: