Working from home - cost compensation

I always used wi-fi in kaohsiung.mrt before. Recently i drive to avoid crowds, but it was quite fast.

It doubt it! You can always ask but good luck!

I’m in the US and have been working remotely since February 2020. I requested monitors, a surge protector, cables/adapters, a webcam, a PC, a laptop, and a docking station, which my company obliged, but I also bought a UPS out of my own pocket, and my company does not reimburse any utility, phone, or internet bills. I could not even deduct them as business expenses from my taxes.

The Taiwan branch of the (very welll funded ) organization I work for wouldn’t even approve a monitor budget for my home.
And a few years back the newly appointed Taiwanese manager showed his efficiency by cutting our home internet budget allowance to zero…Thank *#*d they have no input on my salary.

Go Taiwan.

2 Likes

Just be glad you have work and make money.

1 Like

No
I mean I am very glad and I do express that opinion often to my wife. I know what it’s like to be unemployed and have no money and I have posted a whole thread about it here.

But if I was under Taiwan management I probably wouldn’t have a job right now.

1 Like

With COVID under Taiwanese (government) management, most of this country are gonna be out of a job at this rate.

1 Like

My company has been partially reimbursing home internet worldwide since the start of the pandemic. Taiwan offices included.

1 Like

Our company is increasing salary this month by a few thousand to cover this kind of thing.

3 Likes

Please don’t tell me this was a multinational corporation…

Rules in Europe are definitely different, they could even pay for a desk, chair etc… or being deductible on your tax filing.

3 Likes

You could even get a bike and bike gear, up to 1000 euro tax credit.

I might get some zhongzi again for dragon boat festival. :smirk: (Actually I get that and a few k NTD as the festival bonus…Whoopee).

1 Like

So, you don’t check your emails and other internet related work stuff from home or out of office?

1 Like

Of course not, why would you? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I did never, and was given a devise to check mails at home.

I hope you keep track of your overtime. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A different cost compensation case:

Would a Taiwanese court rule in similar fashion? :grin:

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

To be fair, a traffic accident during your commute counts as a work injury (in Taiwan), so an accident at home counting as one isn’t out of the question.

1 Like