Working Holiday Visa NZ / Aus

If you get this 180 day visa are you able to have this turned into work permit/ARC etc for staying for the long term?

or can only the 60 day visa be converted to this by your employer?

Thanks,

A

Are you talking about the going to NZ or Australia on the working holiday visa, or coming to Taiwan on one?
As far as I know, there is no such thing as a working holiday visa in Taiwan, just Visitors visa.
If the intention is to get an ARC, you need to find a job and get a permit in order to get an ARC, and the time of your visitors visa is irrelevant except that if you don’t get a permit & ARC prior to it’s expiry, then you have to leave Taiwan and obtain another one.

Actually Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand inked a deal for people under 30 or around that age for 6 or 12mths work visa a couple of years ago. Something similar to what exsists between UK, Aust. N.Z., Canada.
A few Taiwanese I know vaguely have been and come back from successful trips down under.
Contact your Trade Office for details.

[quote=“Shao Bing Chao Dan”]Actually Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand inked a deal for people under 30 or around that age for 6 or 12mths work visa a couple of years ago. Something similar to what exsists between UK, Aust. N.Z., Canada.
A few Taiwanese I know vaguely have been and come back from successful trips down under.
Contact your Trade Office for details.[/quote]
That’s interesting.

immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … scheme.htm

It is a reciprocal agreement between Taiwan and New Zealand, I know one also exists between Australia and Taiwan.

phltdnz.com.tw/info_4_eng.htm

sorry, thats from going from NZ to TW

It says somewhere in there though that you cant stay at the same employer for more than 3 months out of the 180 days. Just wondering if it can be converted to resident visa.

Thanks