Working in Japan

I have a friend in his mid 40s who’s interested in working in Japan. He’s a writer and a musician and thus would much prefer to work in one of those fields, if possible. He also has a degree in English (literature, not ESL) but no experience in teaching.

Does anyone here have any idea what his chances would be for landing a job in writing (music reviews, entertainment, humor)? Is Japan like Taiwan in that people are probably best off taking something in teaching and hoping that something else turns up?

Any Web sites to visit? To avoid?

Thanks.

You could try forum.japantoday.com/

That site has tons of people on it. 34 registered users and 600 plus guests when I was on just a minute ago. Crikey! I’ve tried to register before but it didn’t work for some reason. I never got my account activation thingy. Maybe you have to be in the country to register.

[quote=“Spack”]You could try forum.japantoday.com/

That site has tons of people on it. 34 registered users and 600 plus guests when I was on just a minute ago. Crikey! I’ve tried to register before but it didn’t work for some reason. I never got my account activation thingy. Maybe you have to be in the country to register.[/quote]

Spack,

That’s a very good site. SOme of the threads, especially the Love, Sex, Relationships, are very, very interesting. Thanks.