Working visa

I am currently in my home country… because earlier this year i decided not to continue my studies in taiwan due to my mental health and financially aswell… i decided to drop out of my school after finishing my first academic year… right now i was able to contact a good taiwanese friend of mine and he was able to convince his parents to offer me a job in their factory… can anyone help me or give me any advice on where should i start as i plan to go back to taiwan as a worker as much as possible without doing a visa run

1 Like

You need that degree to get a working visa. You should restart your studies if you don’t have one.

This is something you shouldn’t be doing anyways.

Even if I plan to work as a factory worker?

You could… but as someone as educated as you, factory work in Taiwan will not enable your growth. Restart your studies, get a part time work permit to get some extra income to help yourself out. Bite the bullet and you will be happier in your prospects for income.

Factory work in Taiwan is a trap.

Are you Filipino? Taiwanese English schools are desperate for people. You could probably squeeze out double or even triple wages for less work than factory work, helping you better afford school. You’re not too far.

Yes I am filipino, Thanks for the new idea. To be honest I never thought of teaching English… Can you enlighten me? Because obviously I don’t know what to do if ever I consider to teach English… As of now I just want more options

Well. If you’re studying in Taiwan, you’re likely able to get the part time work permit. This is an open work permit that lets you work ANYWHERE for up to 20 hours a week.

Factory wages in Taiwan are below minimum wage. I’ve seen anywhere from $17000-24000 a month. Not good and it is way more than full time, often up to 6 days a week and from what I’ve seen, very few holidays. You will never have enough time to study to get a better job and this means you will never be able to graduate further and always be stuck. Stuck with the same kind of job. Stuck with the same ARC you have to pay $1000 to renew and never getting APRC freedom. It sucks.

English schools will, at this point hire anyone. If you have the work permit from your school for 20 hours a week, you could be making $300-400/hr for things like light teaching, marking, assistance. They need people like crazy cause the border is closed.

At 20hr a week, that could be $25000-27000. More than the factory for LESS THAN HALF the work! That can help you pay for your studies while you study. Study hard and work hard, in a few years you will be making way more money in your field. Think of life with starting salaries $50000 or $60000 and moving up to $80000-100000 or more!

Quitting school, if you ask me, will be a life-changing mistake. You have the opportunity. I know it’s hard but I don’t want a single person more to suffer the oppression of Taiwanese factory work because of their difficult situation.

There are more jobs too and the work permit, like I said is open. You can work anywhere you want.

Many people I met supplemented themselves in Taiwanese English schools instead of doing low paying factory work. Then they went on to do the jobs they wanted.

2 Likes

Agree, finish your degree in your home country, or save up and come finish it here.

Many more doors will open with a degree. Alternatively, work somewhere full-time and do a degree online.

First of all I want to be clear that I am in the Philippines right now. And like what I said I am planning to go back to Taiwan to work in a factory without doing a visa run or through an agency… But since you guys gave me an idea of teaching English… Will I be qualified to teach English in Taiwan? Because from what I heard you need to be a native speaker to teach English in Taiwan without needing a certificate…