World Cup 2010 on Taiwan TV?

Did Taiwan or ESPN or whoever responsible for the sports cable television manage to obtain the Rights to telecast World Cup matches ?

I’m visiting Taiwan during this period, and wonder if I’ll miss out on World Cup.

[quote=“mezziahmac”]Did Taiwan or ESPN or whoever responsible for the sports cable television manage to obtain the Rights to telecast World Cup matches ?

I’m visiting Taiwan during this period, and wonder if I’ll miss out on World Cup.[/quote]

ESPN STAR Sports in nearly all of Asia does not show the World Cup. There is no world cup in many countries including Singapore.

No there is no world cup on any channels in Taiwan except for foriegn satellite TV as no provider has signed any rights for this at present.

There are many sports not available locally on Taiwans cable TV providers.

Plenty of sports bars will have the world cup on Satellite TV, in English and with no advertising.

I’d be surprised if much TV or ERA didn’t televise it. They did for the last World cup. The only problem is they show several adds during the game, which can be pretty annoying when there’s a goal!

The last two world cups have been show. No reason why this one won’t.

Because nobody has paid for it this year ok.

You can check on the FIFA website and TAiwan is not one of the country with rights to show the world cup.

SO please show which TV station has it in Taiwan? You have called to ask them I take it? :whistle:

I’d rather watch the Cup from a nice stadium seat in Cape Town… like my uncle!!! :cry:

Oh well, all we gotta do is figure out a way to hang a satellite dish from a crumbling 50 year old gonwu. Nothing much.

They did split screens last time around, which was a little funny, but quite effective. When a commercial was on and there was a lull in the action, the commercial occupied most of the screen. If someone looked to have a chance at a goal, it would shrink and the play screen would get bigger…It was a good compromise, I thought.

[quote=“Icon”]I’d rather watch the Cup from a nice stadium seat in Cape Town… like my uncle!!! :cry:

Oh well, all we gotta do is figure out a way to hang a satellite dish from a crumbling 50 year old gonwu. Nothing much.[/quote]

Thing is you dont really need a dish at all. :wink:

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Icon”]I’d rather watch the Cup from a nice stadium seat in Cape Town… like my uncle!!! :cry:

Oh well, all we gotta do is figure out a way to hang a satellite dish from a crumbling 50 year old gonwu. Nothing much.[/quote]

Thing is you dont really need a dish at all. :wink:[/quote]

:astonished:

[quote=“SatTV”]

Thing is you dont really need a dish at all. [/quote]

you just need to wear a cap made from alfoil, stand in an arabesque position facing Cape Town, and then plug the cable into your donkey. Ass. Whatever.

you just need to wear a cap made from alfoil, stand in an arabesque position facing Cape Town, and then plug the cable into your donkey. Ass. Whatever.[/quote]

No, you get a professional IPTV system with multiple satellite feeds in English so you don’t need a dish install.

Because nobody has paid for it this year ok.

You can check on the FIFA website and TAiwan is not one of the country with rights to show the world cup.

SO please show which TV station has it in Taiwan? You have called to ask them I take it? :whistle:[/quote]

Where in the FIFA website does it say which country has rights, and which doesn’t ? It’s all about fixtures and nothing else.

I must be reading a different part of the Fifa site. I know some people think I am telling porky pies just to sell satellite TV systems. Well you are quite wrong. :no-no:

Countries with broadcasting rights, well blow me down, it’s all listed on the FIFA website :doh:

Try looking here at this link below from the FIFA website no less. It’s been there for some time now. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

fifa.com/mm/document/affeder … 100222.pdf

Taiwan does not have it now is all I am saying. I can confirm that negotiations have been put forth that Taiwan companies rejected. So as of now no world cup for Taiwan media services.

the great sporting tradition of the ROC rolls on. Lucky for fair Formosa a band of twelve year olds can still string a few wins together in baseball every five or six years to keep the local populace interested in exercise (if baseball can even be considered that).

I’m quietly confident one of the local channels will televise the games.

That is a certainty. But I still would love one of them Sat TV. :smiley:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]

I must be reading a different part of the Fifa site. I know some people think I am telling porky pies just to sell satellite TV systems. Well you are quite wrong. :no-no:

Countries with broadcasting rights, well blow me down, it’s all listed on the FIFA website :doh:

Try looking here at this link below from the FIFA website no less. It’s been there for some time now. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

fifa.com/mm/document/affeder … 100222.pdf

Taiwan does not have it now is all I am saying. I can confirm that negotiations have been put forth that Taiwan companies rejected. So as of now no world cup for Taiwan media services.[/quote]

Did you google the url ? Or did you just do what I did ? That is to access FIFA website, and somehow manage to navigate your way to the pdf file ? The truth I couldn’t find any navigation buttons that gave clue to media rights and eventually the pdf file.

Now, the pdf file is not updated. China has been left out. I’m looking for a ‘real time’ web page of FIFA that will constantly update the latest.

That is a certainty. But I still would love one of them Sat TV. :smiley:[/quote]

Which local channel are you referring to ? And what is SAT TV better than local ? I believe if it’s on local channel it’s free.

Sure, but you are going to have a 5 min commercial break every 10 mins. That’s why it’s free. Not the end of the world if you’re watching a movie, but a right pain in the ass if you’re watching a live game.

I believe it will either be on a local channel or else digital TV.