World Cup Rugby 2019

They have so many foreigners playing from them, they took a little advantage of this rule. But they have a good style.

Yes, I think only 20% of all players in the World Cup were actually born in the Countries that they are representing .

From which orifice did you pull that absurd statistic from? Please back it up.

1 Like

I actually pulled it out of the arse of a comment on the BBC :ponder:
Turns out they were in fact talking about Scotland and Australia but failed to mention that fact . Been having a look and it seems it is far lower for South Africa :ponder: I can but apologise.

SCOTLAND - 14

John Barclay (Hong Kong), Simon Berghan (New Zealand), Allan Dell (South Africa) , WP Nel (South Africa) , Blade Thomson (New Zealand), Ben Toolis (Australia), Hamish Watson (England), Ryan Wilson (England), Chris Harris (England), Sam Johnson (Australia), Sean Maitland (New Zealand), Ali Price (England), Tommy Seymour (USA), Duncan Taylor (England)

AUSTRALIA - 12

Tolu Latu (Tonga), Isi Naisarani (Fiji), Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (New Zealand), Taniela Tupou (Tonga), Jordan Uelese (New Zealand), Will Genia (Papa New Guinea), Dane Haylett-Petty (South Africa) , Samu Kerevi (Fiji), Marika Koroibete (Fiji), Tevita Kuridrani (Fiji), Christian Lealiifano (New Zealand), David Pocock (Zimbabwe)

WALES - 8

Tomas Francis (England), Jake Ball (England), Ross Moriarty (England), Aaron Shingler (England), Jonathan Davies (England), Hadleigh Parkes (New Zealand), Hallam Amos (England), George North (England)

ITALY - 8

Dean Budd (New Zealand), David Sisi (Germany), Sebastian Negri (Zimbabwe), Sergio Parisse (Argentina), Jake Polledri (England), Abraham Steyn (South Africa) , Callum Braley (England), Jayden Hayward (New Zealand)

1 Like

Tough win for France, not pretty but a win is a win, could be a crucial one.

SA kicking the ball to the dangerous NZ backs, instead of retaining it with the powerful forwards. Utterly fucking stupid.
How come I can see that and the entire management and coaching staff can’t?

1 Like

They need to put you in charge, JP. Knock some sense into them.

Heads would roll.

1 Like

I missed the game. Supposedly it was a cracker.

And what the fuck is this “box kick” bullshit? 70% of the time the opponents are going to collect the ball and stage a counter-attack.
RETAIN POSSESSION!

It’s a bit like WW2 and the Germans invading Russia…learn your history. The ABs have had the best attacking full backs in the world going way back to Christian Cullen. Why feed them more ball?

That whole match swung on one kick pass to the wing, such a simple way to negate the blitz defence.

Anyone going on about “foreign players” knows nothing about Rugby Union. The sport has always had a three year residency rule, it’s completely accepted and understood and is part of the culture, encouraging player mobility.

1 Like

Spot-on. :+1:

Anyone else watching on the ELTA WEB player? Seems like there’s no way to switch to the English commentary…

Yeah, it’s unfortunate.

I had a really good moody stream yesterday but it’s gone…

No posting of illegal streams please, thanks.

Did I post it? Am I a newbie? :wall:

No, not talking to you, but someone else.

1 Like

I did so you could watch …but its against the rules …like pictures of men in thongs …Im out of here

SA not looking good.