Worst Album Covers Ever

This is silly:

cenedella.com/stone/archives/000543.html

There’s probably a lot of posters who don’t even know what album covers are anymore. But for them that do, what are the worst album covers for albums that you actually liked.

I can think of Santana Abraxus (sp). Somebody said it looked like there was a mummified baby on the cover. The music was great though.

EDIT: It wasn’t Abraxis, it was this one. I think it’s called Santana III.

Vamonos guajira
Vamos a bailar

Carinito
Vamonos guajira
Vamos a bailar
Que lo que quiere guajira
Si tu quieres bailar.
Yo te a garro la mano
Y vamos a bailar.

Vamonos guajira
Vamos a bailar

Si morena
Vamonos guajira
Vamos a bailar
Que lo que quiere guajira
Si tu quieres bailar
Ben be len ben be len ben be len ben
Y vamos a gozar.

Richardm, let me get back to your question in a while… but first this:

batguano.com/bgma/pfbacks.jpg

[color=red]WARNING: nudity… painted bodies (Pink Floyd Album Art… tasteful[/color]

That’s such a funny site. 70s album covers are the best. I can’t help but think the ESP one was done as a joke, as in she knows what’s on every man’s mind (just look into her crystal ball).

This one’s pretty bad… the Grateful Dead’s first record… really pretty shoddy (the album art):

[quote=“Richardm”]There’s probably a lot of posters who don’t even know what album covers are anymore. But for them that do, what are the worst album covers for albums that you actually liked.

I can think of Santana Abraxus (sp). Somebody said it looked like there was a mummified baby on the cover. The music was great though.[/quote]

How bizarre. That reminds me. I had a dream the other night that my mom and I went to a Santana concert… :shock:

I used to love Album covers. I guess my faves were a few of the Stones ones.
Sticky Fingers
Some Girls, etc.
I also liked to look at my Beatles covers
Abbey Road
Magical Mystery Tour
Sgt Pepper
The Cars had some great covers too.

Forumosa Happy Hour, or gospel group?

He had great albums but some really bad covers. (and a couple of good ones)

What will you do if we let you go home,
And the plastic’s all melted,
And so is the chrome?
WHO ARE THE BRAIN POLICE?

Or

How about the album cover best exemplifying “pathetic foreshadowing”…

Lynyrd Skynyrd’s original release of Street Survivors…with Steve Gaines and Ronnie Van Zant aflame…released weeks beofre the plane crash…

Or grossest album cover…the back sleeve of The Sex Pistols “The Great Rock and Roll Swindle”…it has a picture of a dead fawn with an arrow thru its neck and contains the track “Who Killed Bambi?”.

My fav has always been King Crimson’s “In The Court Of The Crimson King” followed closely by Supertramp’s “Crime of the Century”…

The Beatles’ Abby Road had Paul without shoes because he was dead.

Or the White Album for the category of it didn’t matter what was on the cover because it was going to sell no matter what.

and

Of course, the music is legendary. :laughing:

Then, there’s Peter Wyngarde(Jason King) and “Rape”

When Sex Leers its Inquisitive Head

Can’t forget this classic:

I always wanted the Butcher shot cover. It was expensive in the 70s to get ahold of! I bet it’s a fortune now.

Heino - Liebe Mutter…