Would it?

I refuse. I stand by my opinions.

Because. Xitler. Because the CCP.

Let us see how much you standby your opinions when you are there.

Fair enough, but then I probably wouldn’t take the chance of traveling there. I don’t think it’s a certainty you’d get denied, but this is China in 2019 so it’s a possibility.

There is 1.5 billion people in China, it’s not like they are all evil.

True, I’ve met some great mainlanders. But we’re talking government agencies here, not the entire population.

2 Likes

…? I stood by them when I live there. I stood by them when I left there.

You also don’t go to Thailand and publicly say their king is crazy. You just need to know how to go about your ways safely.

I walked around with my Taiwan flag - no hassles.

Then why worry about some posts?

No, going to China.

That escalated quickly…

1 Like

When were you last there? To be fair, things are getting a lot more repressive these days.

1 Like

Left in August 2018.

For several years in a row earlier this decade, all I heard from mainlanders was how much China was improving, how rapidly it was advancing, how different it is from even just a year ago. Ever since Xi announced his permanent emperor status it seems to have backslid.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t automatically assume you can do the same things you did then and get away with it now. If people are advising caution here, I also wouldn’t assume they are shills.

1 Like

Country’s has slid backwards.

Just want to pop in and see a friend.

I loves me a good C bomb :laughing:

1 Like

I showed them my then-freshly-minted Taiwanese visa cause they wanted the most up to date photo on me. They accepted it. :idunno:

Most of the time it would cause you issues. But I’ve heard some people mysteriously get rejected if they go into Taiwan often.