Would like to find a high quality set of earplugs

I’m sure many of you know the story, move into a new apartment only to be disappointed by the amount of noise coming from outside.
So I’m looking for a good quality pair of earplugs to block out as much noise as possible. Anyone have any good suggestions?
Thanks!

Works for me. Cheap, most pharmacies and hardware stores sell them.

These are the best.

Yeah I just bought some orange foamies, 49nt, but doesn’t do a great job keeping the noise out. Are these ones higher quality?

Interesting. You’ve been using them yourself? Blocks out most noise?

You may need to drain your ears of blocked wax after about 6 months to a year.
I only wore mine outdoors.

Most. But I really push them into my ears.

1 Like

Work great. You’ll need to take them out to hear people next to you, so apartment noise should be no problem.

Get the Delrin ones if your ears get cold easily.

1 Like

I wonder if I could get my neighbor to machine me some of these stems out of 6-4 titanium alloy. We could practically sell them for 500nt a pair.

You can try to get a prototype done and the OP can test them out.

Sounds like a plan!

Cheap foam earplugs work well - are you wearing them correctly? You should roll them, pull your ear back, and insert - you shouldn’t end up seeing much of the plug if inserted correctly.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for that. I thought I was already wearing them as well as possible, but those tips did improve the effectiveness quite a bit. Maybe don’t need to make a more expensive purchase after all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started using silicon earplugs (initially designed for swimming) 6 months ago, does a great job. No problem about sleeping on the side and having the earplug kick into your eardrums, and it’s moldable so doesn’t matter if the inner relief of your ear changes. Plus, the material is much denser than foam earplugs, so it cancels much more sound than foam.

1 Like

They are a little pricey, but my wife found a re-seller of Macks Silicon Earplugs on Shopee that I wear almost nightly. With a soft pillow, I can comfortably sleep on my side (a pair lasts about 2-3 nights of use before needing a new pair).

We have a 6 month old at home, and with those and a closed door I can usually fall asleep even through a tantrum (still audible, but muted enough that I can fall asleep)

1 Like

Yeah, well the noise in my new place I discovered comes from a noodle factory that’s kinda hidden just across the street from me, with their machinery and fans located outside and pointed upwards, in my general direction on the sixth floor. Realized these foam air plugs just aren’t gonna cut it, I’m definitely going to have to look into these silicone ones (or titanium) you guys have recommended, hope they can manage to block out most of the noise.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Man, I just checked out what the cost would be, including the shipping to Taiwan, total came to $112 (assuming that’s USD). I’m sure they work great, but yeah, pretty pricey!