Would this work?

I’m currently still reeling badly from taking a break with my GF in the states, seeing as how we are so far from each other and never would know when we would see each other again(me in TW, she’s in NYC) keeping a relationship would just be too hard for both of us.

Anyways, will starting to date someone else help get over the feelings for an ex? Or is it just dumb?

Opinions…

Rebound goes 1 of two ways:

1. You wake up 6 months later realizing that you fucked something up with a really cool person.
  2. You wake up 3 or 4 months later going “OH my god! Who let this evil bastard in my bed”

Bad Idea.
But if you ever do figure out how to cure a broken heart make sure to post it. I’m sure if it works, Erhu will make it sticky :stuck_out_tongue:

what does your “taking a break” mean to the two of you?
That you basically not together anymore?

Time will heal all wounds, as they say and my opinion is that you should just take it easy… Don’t rush into something new just because you have the blues.
How long have you guys been apart now?

I understand how hard long-distance relationships feels like, since I’ve tried it myself - and will again when I go back home. But…then again, I know I will see my man again after some months…

[quote=“tinster”]what does your “taking a break” mean to the two of you?

Time will heal all wounds, as they say and my opinion is that you should just take it easy… Don’t rush into something new just because you have the blues.

I understand how hard long-distance relationships feels like, since I’ve tried it myself - and will again when I go back home. But…then again, I know I will see my man again after some months…[/quote]

what does your “taking a break” mean to the two of you?

It means that for the time being since we can’t be in each others presence that we can’t be together, but if we we’re we would be and in the future that may or may not happen

We’ve been apart now since August, but she came to visit, only on coincidence (she was visiting family in Korea), for a booty call I guess in December

Thanks for the replies, I think it does make sense not to get into a relationship because at this moment I still have strong feelings for my ex or whatever you call it and it would be extremely rude to a person who I may start seeing.

It’s pretty much a time thing. You’ll get over it when you get over it. Anyone you date befoe you are over it is a rebound. Which is not to say don’t do it; go ahead, drown your sorrows.

You get over it when you get over it. Seeing someone else isn’t going to help if she’s on your mind. It’s really dependent on you. Who says you need her to be happy? Who says you need anyone? True you may miss her, but there are other fish in the sea, many better. With the proper attitude, you can work your way through this. You just need to make a decision on whether or not you want to stay together or break up.

I came here with my lady from Canada. After 8 months here she went home on a negative note, we had been together for 3 years in total. This was 2 weeks ago. What works for me is to take time for myself and focus on my goals. I also like to take on projects, basically occupy my time with positive things and people. Take a little time for yourself, you don’t need someone right away.