Would you dare?

I think the mods should lock this site after midnight. It would enable some members to spend some quality time with their families, go to bed with the wife at a decent hour, and have a productive day at work.

Where are the culprits now? In bed of course, while I’m in the office reading the crap they wrote at 4am.

Jeesh!

These late nights will ruin you guys.

[quote=“Guest 123”]
This is not REAL LIFE; understand?[/quote]

That is why I am here.
I live in NeiHu.

Are you gonna ask offenders to show you their poetic licenses, officer?

Ooops. You know things often come back to bite you, Imani.
Your “Seven Tour Tour” thread should read “Seven Hour Tour.” I believe.

And the spelling of “Shite” is an unofficial Britishism in some areas of the UK.

:sunglasses: Your spelling Police Sergeant. :sunglasses: :smiley:

[quote=“Guest 123”]Everyone who posts here, would you dare talk like you do in REAL LIFE to other people like what you do here? I think this website is excellent, but, I only post now and again, but I really think alot of you guys who post here are intelligent people who hide behind a keyboard and must feel really insecure in “REAL LIFE”
Don’t worry, think of life before the keyboard, you can do it!
All this stuff is new to me, call me old fashioned, but I think this is all very sad!
I cannot express myself so well on this site, but I’d love to chat to people like Sandman and TainanCowboy in the flesh sometime. Anyways, enough waffling, hope to see you guys in the flesh soon!

K.[/quote]
:bravo: :notworthy: :bravo:
So true so very true. I wonder many times if the loudmouth wankers spewin’ off were reaaly gutless dweebs?

[quote=“ImaniOU”][quote=“joesax”]On the offchance that you feel like doing a word puzzle:

This sentence, written by a student of Steven Pinker, isn’t clear at all. But it is grammatically legal.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.[/quote]

The sequence would be (adjective to describe location of) noun + epynomous dance + eponymous form of bullying + (adjective to describe location of) noun. The buffalo from Buffalo do the Buffalo buffalo dance with those buffalo from Buffalo which have been intimidated (or buffaloed) in a way that is particular to Buffalo. New York, that is. Glad I explained that because when I look at it again, I will probably forget how I reasoned it.[/quote]There wasn’t any dancing. There was bullying, though:

(The) Buffalo buffalo (that) Buffalo buffalo (often) buffalo (in turn) buffalo (other ) Buffalo buffalo.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]BTW, I haven’t heard the name Steven Pinker since I finished my linguistics degree five years ago.[/quote]Have you read “The Language Instinct”? Page One sells it for 559NT. Well worth it. I’m reading it for the third time at the moment.

It has some wonderful insights and ideas on the nature of language and first language learning, backed up with convincing examples and evidence. It also points out common errors and misunderstandings on the part of the “grammar police”. And it’s very entertaining.

There isn’t very much on second language acquisition in the book, and what there is isn’t very well done. But for anyone interested in the nature of language in general, it’s very very good.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]And I think I win for the most uses of the word “buffalo” in a single post where it makes sense.[/quote]Absolutely. You deserve some kind of buffalo prize. Anyone who objects can just olaffub off.

Yes Stan, you are right. Locking the site after 12 midnight would be a good idea. I feel such a TWAT now after reading the posts (I made) from the other night! I was here at home with my buddy and his buddy JD (Two bottles) when we wrote our SHITE comments on this excellent forum. Crap, HE made me do it LOL
Anyways, first round is on me at Smooth.

Kev. (Tail between my legs)

I am much more polite and politically correct on this site than in real life. If you don’t like what I say here, you REALLY wont like what I have to say face to face.

As to being scared? :roflmao:

Actually, I only post here whilst checking my e-mails and waiting for pages to load. For the most part, that is. And I personally find a lot of the folks here to be very helpful, insightful and mostly intelligent (or maybe some would say I’m just to stupid to know any better, no?).

I admit it. I’m a gutless dweeb posing as a loudmouth wanker. How’d you know?

Wow. At 800 posts in one year, all I can say is you need a faster ISP. :laughing:

Hey, even the grammar police have their off moments, but in nearly 5,000 posts you could probably count my spelling and grammar mistakes on your fingers…that is, if you had a few extra pairs of hands to spare.

Look, ma! No spell check! Ever!

Although multiple editing does come in handy for fixing typos and other errors…

If you all are nice to me, I’ll show you my shiny little badge at the next happy hour.