Would you go again/ Have you been to Coney Island?

We’ll be flying into JFK right soon, and I noticed Coney Island was pretty close by. I’ve never been, but I saw it in a movie with Tom Hanks. I hear it’s a boardwalky place with rides and such, like Santa Cruz, CA, a place we hit for a few hours in 2010 before going to San Fransisco.

Anyone got the poop on CI? :slight_smile:

My kids had a fun time last time on the rides and are asking to go back this year. It’s seen some redevelopment in the last few years and is worth a stop for the rides I’d say. Boardwalk is nothing great, beach even less so. Fun to see the broad spectrum of the recent immigrant population out with the kids. The Aquarium is right nearby, that’s worth a stop. Most would say get a frank at Nathan’s but I always stop in at Randazzo’s Clam Bar in nearby Sheepshead bay for pasta.

So it’s something to do, but not something you must do? Stave off the jet lag for a while?

[quote=“jdsmith”]
So it’s something to do, but not something you must do? Stave off the jet lag for a while?[/quote]

That sums it up pretty well. Not something that can’t be missed by any means, but not a bad afternoon for the kids. Still, a pretty good amount of energy needed, what time your flight get in?

It’s an icon of popular culture…worth going just to say you’ve been there, especially if you’re a Lou Reed fan. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“jdsmith”]
So it’s something to do, but not something you must do? Stave off the jet lag for a while?[/quote]

That sums it up pretty well. Not something that can’t be missed by any means, but not a bad afternoon for the kids. Still, a pretty good amount of energy needed, what time your flight get in?[/quote]
Late night, but the jet lag will have everyone up by dawn. Too bad there’s not a Mets game that day. Stadium is close to the hotel.

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Late night, but the jet lag will have everyone up by dawn. Too bad there’s not a Mets game that day. Stadium is close to the hotel.[/quote]

Ahhh, that’s doable. I wouldn’t feel bad about the Mutts, sporting events and jet lag don’t mix well in my experience!

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“jdsmith”]
Late night, but the jet lag will have everyone up by dawn. Too bad there’s not a Mets game that day. Stadium is close to the hotel.[/quote]

Ahhh, that’s doable. I wouldn’t feel bad about the Mutts, sporting events and jet lag don’t mix well in my experience![/quote]
I would enjoy them losing or winning. :smiley:

And I could wear my Obamao t-shirt. :thumbsup:

to the online home of Randazzo’s Clam Bar, a Sheepshead Bay Landmark offering the finest Seafood and Clam Bar that Brooklyn has to offer.

Be seated in our main dining area or outside at our year-round restaurant. Our menu features an array of seafood such as Clams, Lobsters, Calamari, as well as Chicken Frances,
Stuff Filet
, Chicken Cutlets, King Crab Legs & much, much more. With your choice of hot or medium sauce. [/quote]
Try and get me some of that “stuff filet.” :ohreally: :laughing:

I read this thinking “fuckin’” before every noun. Am I now a Brooklynite? :laughing:

[quote=“jdsmith”]

I read this thinking “fuckin’” before every noun. Am I now a Brooklynite? :laughing:[/quote]

Congratulations, you qualify :slight_smile:

“Yeah stuff filet, what you wan’ one?”

I always go for a plate of pasta with shrimp and some fried calamari. I like their sauce.

It’s got this : a wonderful old-style coaster, if you’re into that sort of thing.
And if you also do the pasta, shrimp & calamari - do that AFTER the ride :slight_smile:.